Rider Settings. - 2010 Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Three_of_Seven

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hey everyone; I’ve recently acquired my 1st adventure motorcycle [2nd hand], and even though having read the Rider’s Manual, it doesn’t really go in depth, into the settings for a rider.

There are 3: Normal, Comfy & Sport. Which option is best for short tarmac trips, long tarmac trips & dirt/gravel roads? Also, having watches a few videos, the guys reckon that it’s best to disengage the ABS and traction control when going off-road. Will the “Sports” setting not do this automatically, if that’s the best setting for going off-road?!

I also had to, when I first attempted to start the bike after it had been delivered by the bike courier company, jump start it as the battery seemed a bit flat. I presume the previous owner did not ride a lot. Suffice to say, the what I can assume is the ABS warning light, remained on during my trip home.

It seems that, according to the Rider’s Manual, that it may be the ABS pump or perhaps just a fault that needs clearing?