Riding da Quarry or area outside Zone 7 - Beware!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayneh

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BSA (all models)
For those who haven't seen this... Read this on the Cape-enduro.co.za site.  :cussing:

Please Kaapies. Don't go ride the Quarry or the area outside Zone 7 unless you're in a group of more than three... Preferably 5+... Watch out for each other, and only stop for a break in the center of a large clearing.

Ride safe.

----------------
Well all, the old saying of 'it will never happen to me' is bull s..t!

We had a great days riding on Saturday with my Son and Steyn (Edgaholic) in the quarry up to the moment that 3 idiots decided to attack us.

We were having a smoke brake, sitting at the top of the hill in the back quarry (the hill on the right), enjoying the lovely cold breeze and the view when suddenly 3 guys game running from the bushes behind us. The one on the left had a knife and went straight for Edgaholic, the one in the middle for my son and the one on the left for me. My son and I managed to get away, but not before my son got a shot in on the face of his attacker. Edge had it a lot worse. He had to fight off the guys with the knife and thankfully got away with only a small cut to his hand. He did however get a few good shots in.

As we were standing half way down the hill and our bikes still at the top, the wankers were standing by our bikes when one of them decided to move my bike (as if he would have any idea of how to ride the beast). Edge handed me a stomp and we started moving back up the hill when they started trowing rocks at us in an attempt to stop our advance. They finally dropped my bike on it side and ventured back into the bushes.

There was a family with friends in the middle of the quarry when this all happended and witnessed the events. Thankfully and if not mistaken, a guy by the name of Andre came to the top to help me take my son's bike down whilst I gathered mine; thank you dude. The poor children seemed traumatised by the events and should have been something any child should witness but this is unfortunately the reality we live in.

The thing that gets me the most is the arrogance of the guys. As I was standing there phoning 10111 (they never answered, figures), these guys just stood there waiting for us to do something; it was like a scene out of the OK corral.

During the attack, the one noticeable thing was the hatred in their eyes. The knife wielding d..s wanted only one thing and that was to kill. As said before, Edge had to take on this guy but he is a big boy and managed to defend himself but what if this guy went for my son. The thoughts are sickening!!!

So, next time you go riding in the quarry or the bush, rather make sure you are more than 3 because 3 is definitely not enough to deter the ones out to attack / rob you.