Riding Fast Whoops: Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lito

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
So I am not talking technique, but rather suspension.

Today I was going across whoops at 60km/h - and I tell ya, my backside was stepping out left right and centre. Flipping scary. Well, not centre - cos I would have been happy had it been there.

I am thinking that this might become a repository for advice for those wanting to go faster.

Current settings: compression, rebound and preload at basic level, plus 1 click each.

Have tried: everything on sport settings - same result - rear kicks out.

Have tried: (on adv) - everything on maximum - and I never managed this speed on the same whoops (irregular, deep, and continues for kilometres without end - and often have only 2metres to ride, or else youre in the trees)

Have tried: everything on basic level, with rebound on forks at sport level.    Rear spring - set to basic. Not bad

Looking for improvement - suggestions? I am happy to race a bit this weekend, anyone who wants to keep up or pass me. Come tell me how the bike is working - cos its darn hard to see it when youre on top.

Notes: sag has not been set I am afraid, I am waiting for Giraffe to come and guide me.