Riding gear for larger blokes. Brandewyn, bier en braai mense.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboi

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I have a GRAVITATIONAL disposition. I'm short and fat, heres what I have found after many a trip to many a retailer.

Boots:
I have a 21" calve!
Alpinestars Tech3 will fit almost anybody (I own a pair)
Sidi Crossfire say they will fit up to a 22" but my personal experience is that yes the plastics (it's loose from the inner boot) will fit up to that size but the gater of the inner does not close?????
Fox Maverick is a shorter version off road boot (ATV) very comfy and well priced
Thor 50\50 is probably the best commuter/road/off road (Dirt highway not the ruff stuff) boot I found Super comfortable and you can spend a whole day on your feet or at the office (Hell I'm wearing mine now)

Pants:
In South Africa the locals will gladly make custom pants (at no extra cost)
the locals being:
X-Culcha
Core Apparel
Assault Apparel
Just speak to your retailer or get on the net and see the supplier at there office

As for off the shelf
Ricca make nice big sizes as do Cortec and Tourmaster
Cortec and Tourmaster also make all their clothing avalable in long sizes

Jackets:
once again the locals are probably the best bet with one extra to the list and that is Vivante' the latter is cheapish about R2000 for a custom fit leather jacket with CE approved protectors and in any style you like there is lots to choose from. They also make textile clothing and custom gloves

Tourmaster make jackets from XS-XXXXXL thats a size 54!!

Rain Kit:

the only ones I can find is Tourmaster in the big sizes they make their rain kit in long sizes as well and they also make the rain kit larger than the same sized pants or jackets so that it will fit comfy over your kit

Protectors:
Cti braces custom fit but very, very pricy +- R13000
Asterisk will fit most and is way less pricy but still pricy +- R7000
Fox have some Knee protectors that will fit almost anybody but they are not braces just protectors R800 (Hey its better than nothing)

Troy Lee Design has a chest protector that actually fits me (I'm a 50") it kinda looks little funny but its all in and closed

Hope this helps :ricky: