Riding the Desert Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kykdaar said:
Hi Lootch,

They seem like a remarkable couple. Esther is very petite, yet she handles her heavily laden bike like an old pro. Does all her own work on the bike as well.

She told me that she has owned that bike for many years and has learned to handle it over time.

I take it you were holidaying in Swakop? If you took part in the run, apologies for not getting to meet you.

Unfortunately this holiday had to be endured sans a bike  :'( Saw the bike as I was looking for a parking space and then went back to have a closer look. Didn't see the rider(s). Saw a couple in Hentiesbaai (where we were staying) on Transalps loaded to the max - the poor suspension was almost bottomed out even when stationery. I wouldn't want to pick up their bikes that's for sure but respect none the less and man was I jealous! No camera on me at the time unfortunately.

Kykdaar a cool or should I say hort RR...jeesh you guys must have been hot this time of the year...

Good to see Terrier there again.....

This RR really brings back some very good memories of the DR and its on the doorstep again...... :ricky: :ricky:

Nice report there Kykdaar - sounds like a real adventure was had - takes balls to ride Botswana at night, kudos. That black 'alp of yours really looks good man, especially with the TKC front :thumleft: I've also recently had a TKC front fitted and it too has rescued me on occasion (sandy gravel) although there is some minor contact with the mudguard when hitting corrugations...heart-stopping noise until I figured out what was happening.

I also used to experience surging/flatspot when applying throttle on my TA - cured when I replaced the mainjets. Hope you get it sorted whatever the cause.

Very cool RR. I agree on the TKC's. Makes a HUGE difference.

Hey K

Thanks for a great report  :thumleft:

Cheers
H

Fantastic, makes me very lus for riding in Nam.

Cool report and pics, only 2 months or so to the april run ,will be my 13 run ,really love riding Nam :ricky:

bradleys said:
Cool report and pics, only 2 months or so to the april run ,will be my 13 run ,really love riding Nam :ricky:

13 times :eek: Lekker :thumleft:

Are you the Brandley that does medic duty?

great report! wanna do the RUN in April on my TA and can't wait after reading this.

thanks for sharing!

Nice RR Kykdaar,het self ook die 2006 en 2008 DR gedoen. Van Worcester Kuruman Swakop en terug Worc. is dit 4600km. Beplan dit weer vir 3-10 April 2009 . Ek verstaan n hele paar WD gaan dit die jaar doen, so ñ lang trip bly maar lekker.

Yes Kykdaar Inormally help with the medical side ,but this year no I want to enjoy myself with fellow dogs,sleep ,ride suip ,suip some more ,braai then sleep then ride........ :ricky:.Have I patched you up?

Latest posts