Riding with Elvis Blue....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
So on an overcast Garden Route morning, I set off to meet up with one of George's living legends - Elvis Blue -  Cassie Botha.  ;D

Cassie wanted to go for a "draf" first, so we agreed to meet at 9am.
Riding the N2 towards Wilderness, I stop for a pic.This spot is the closest that any national road gets to the sea - you can almost touch it!
P1000399.jpg

P1000401.jpg

I then make a quick stop at Dolphin's Point where the Kaaiman's River enters the ocean.

P1000402.jpg

Looking east towards Wilderness.

P1000403.jpg

During the 2007 floods, this house starting shifting on its foundations and has since being abandoned. Imagine buying this years ago as your holiday home and then having to abandon it - it can't be sold as it's too dangerous.

P1000404.jpg

The cluster of hoilday homes on the Kaaiman's - such a pity that they now have the N2 in front of them!

I arrive just before 9 at the turn off to Saasveld which is the start of the 7 Passes road. A few minutes later, he arrives in T-shirt and takkies. There's a 30% chance of rain, but the man says he doesn't feel the cold. I then ask if he's checked the oil on his lean green speed machine - uh... no. We take a look at the little window - ooops... no one's home. Mr Botha jumps back on the LGSM, shoots off to the closest garage to return with a pint Engen's finest. So we're off, heading for Wilderness Heights.

P1000405.jpg

The Kaaimans is now flowing fairly well after the recent rains.

At Wilderness heights, we turn right and a kilometer or 2 further along, left onto White's Road.

P1000406.jpg

Whites Road

P1000407.jpg

This property has the most incredible views...

P1000408.jpg

Jy loer nog...

P1000409.jpg

Cassie with the LGSM

P1000410.jpg

Strange reddish-brown slick off Wilderness beach.

We then wound our way down into Wilderness and along the old road along the northern shore of Rondevlei and Langvlei. We then climbed up the small pass towards the 7 Passes road.
P1000411.jpg

P1000412.jpg

View from the top overlooking Langvlei.

P1000413.jpg

The LGSM attracted this young ladies' interest.

Turning right at the 7 passes junction we headed towrads Knysna. We stopped for a break along the way when I saw this little track. At this point the LGSM's ketting was looking decidedly slack and some of the rear sprocket teeth were in need of replacement!
Neither of us had a 27mm socket or spanner, so we decided to head for Knysna to get to a shop before 12 o' clock. Before we left we decided to explore the little track, but unfortunately, it turned into a dead end after a couple of hundred meters.
P1000414.jpg

P1000415.jpg

I always love coming around the corner to be greeted by this beautiful view of indigenous forest...

We rode onto Rheenedal and turned onto the Phantom Pass road. I decided to show Cassie this little picnic site on the banks of the Knysna river.
P1000416.jpg

P1000418.jpg

Cassie on his way back out.

P1000419.jpg

We then headed into Knysna and to a bike shop that lent us (me) ;) a 27 spanner to adjust the LGSM's chain.
It had taken us almost 3hrs to reach Knysna and I was starving (and thirsty)!. So  it was off to the Spur in the Waterfront to top up our fuel levels.
P1000420.jpg

After a relaxing lunch and kakpraaat, we hit the N2 towards Sedgefield. At the Buffelsbaai turn off, we turned right onto the logging road that comes on the Barrington/Karatara road.

P1000422.jpg

P1000423.jpg

The sand wasn't too bad after the bit of rain last week, but I still managed  a little tumble. I was so aware of my collarbone, that I was on my feet before the bike even hit the sand!

P1000424.jpg

Heading down the tar back towrads Sedge, Cassie expressed interest in trying to climb this hill.
After pointing out that it was on private property, I managed to discourage him!
We rode down to the N2, turned right and cruised back home to Sedge.
Thanks Cassie for a lekker, relaxed ride!

Ek trek sommer af Kaap toe  :biggrin:  Nice LGF  :thumleft:

Nice ride

Dolphins point brings back memories - I rolled my Corrola TRD there and left it neatly on its roof in the parking bay

Cassie as ek jou weer sien ry sonder dat jy die regte klere aan het dan gaan ek jou pa bel  :laughing4:

Wolweseun said:
Nice ride

Dolphins point brings back memories - I rolled my Corrola TRD there and left it neatly on its roof in the parking bay

:eek: How the hell did you manage that? Just coming into the top bend too fast?

I would have tried to climb that hill as well!

;D ;D ;D ;D

As always a couple of lekker roads there.

I will hopefully have a weekend free at some point to go that way again soon.

Will organize with you to hear when you'll be available.

;D

Eisbein said:
I would have tried to climb that hill as well!

;D ;D ;D ;D

As always a couple of lekker roads there.

I will hopefully have a weekend free at some point to go that way again soon.

Will organize with you to hear when you'll be available.

;D

Not the Breede weekend or the following one!
For the rest, just give me a shout!  :thumleft:

Hi Letsgofishing,

Nice riding. If you are around in Dec i'll catch up with you for a ride and a beer.
I will be in Knysna from 27 Dec to 8th Jan, bringing bike with

Jis oom Letgofishing daai kamera neem ongelooflike mooi fotos
Baie lekker om te sien

Oom LGF ons moet nou saterdag 'n "to be continued trip maak"

Ek en 4 dogs van die Kaap het Sat oggend 7 uur vanaf George na Knysna (7 passe pad) gery, ook by Spur iets gehaad en toe vertrek na Uniondale met Prins Alfred pas (natuurlik ietsie gehaad by Angie's g spot). By uniondale terug George toe. No1, volgende keer doen ons so iets saam en No2, lekkkkeeeer paaie daar in die suid kaap. Dankie vir die mooi verslag.