ROOF OF AFRICA 2011- WHO'S COMPETING?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avontier

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I am getting really excited about the Roof this year!

Red Cherry Adventures have taken over from the troubled LORA (Lesotho Off-Road Assoction), which can only be a good thing. Mike Glover and co. have proven themselves over the years to be probably the best in the country for organising events like these.

The best extreme enduro rider in the world, Graham Jarvis, has also been confirmed, along with rumours of other very famous riders still considering it.

The organisers are putting a big emphasis on spectator friendliness, and have organised buses to spectator points, a fan park with subsidised booze, secure camping facilities in Maseru, and a race route planned with spectator access in mind.

I've only decided to enter again when Red Cherry's involvement was announced on 6 September 2011, after it was heading for a disaster due to fights between LORA and Motorsport SA. I have really been training hard since then. The race starts on 24 November, and I need to make the most of the month remaining.

Have any other WD's entered?

It will be the best Roof ever, for competitors and spectators alike!