Sedgefield Trail Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
We woke to a beautiful morning in the Garden Route this morning.
cool.gif
Such a day can not be wasted!
rider10.gif

A quick call to LGF established that he was also free for the day. Bargain! In a flash I was on my way to Sedgefield. The weapon of choice today:

PA170017.jpg

Tok-tokkie's recent Sak Rivier report really inspired me. Trail riding and minimalistic touring is my first love. Expect to see a lot more of my trusty CTX in future.
cool.gif

LGF has this really cool route he's been wanting to show to me for ages. Today was the day.

En route we passed this interesting church:

PA170019.jpg

And then the route started!

PA170021.jpg

I absolutely LOVE these bush rides.

PA170025.jpg

PA170026.jpg

The road was mostly covered in pine needles, but underneath it was all sand. Very loose sand.

PA170027.jpg

PA170031.jpg

PA170033.jpg

No matter how loose it got or how the road surface changed, it's all such a laugh on a small bike. Just point and shoot
cool.gif
Like my friend Eisbein once said - when riding on a small bike it almost feels like you're cheating
icon_mrgreen.gif
It's just so much easier than on a big bike!

PA170043.jpg

Old Trusty:
cool.gif

PA170045.jpg

Riding along we came upon this clearing with some Chestnut trees. In the middle of the plantation.
icon_scratch.gif
I wonder why it's here? I wonder who owns it? Would be lovely to camp here!

PA170047.jpg

PA170049.jpg

Some more scenery. Check in the background how high we are!

PA170055.jpg

CTX and DRZ cruising together:
cool.gif

PA170056.jpg

PA170068.jpg

The roads eventually spat us out here: This is where the N2 crosses the Goukamma river. Does it look familiar?

PA170073.jpg

It should
biggrin.gif
It's the turnoff to Buffalo Bay!
cool.gif

PA170080.jpg

PA170084.jpg

How can you not have a cold one here?
occasi11.gif

PA170090.jpg

A weekend can hardly start better than this!

Buffelsbaai.jpg

Jys reg! Its a stunning day in the Garden Route. Nice pics.

Van die mooiste ryplekke in ons land daai !!

Very nice pics!  I love the area.  Been going on holiday there since 1980 when my folks bought a place there on the Island.  My Mom now resides there permanently.

I would love to do this trail.  I am going to visit my Mom is December again.  Maybe it is time to take the KLE with this year.

Trailrider,
I will be in Wilderness at the end of December and would like to ride your route, Have you got the route on GPS, if not please give directions to exactly where the beginning of the route was

Thanks

Hi Losper

No GPS route unfortunately. When you're in the area give me a call. We can have a beer or something ;D Ditto Adventure MX and Tweety!

Really nice! We've just returned from a week in Buffelsbaai. Fourteen friends and couples rented "die Zoo", a holiday home
in Buffels. Lots of day hikes and canoeing! If anyone ever coming to Stellenbosch PM me for similar rides, those look so
cool! Bushlander,AG200,DR200,TF125 amazingly tough.

Nice RR , I also love those roads. Maybe I should also consider adding something a bit smaller to my stable , those little bikes look like alot of fun!

hey Trailrider
wanneer gaan jy weer hierdie sedgefield roete ry. Ek wil die roete ook ry want ek was nog nie op die pad nie. 
Lekker werk

buzzlightyear said:

C'mon man! People like Trailrider have been building relationships with Cape Nature for two year to let them even think of letting bikes in, and you go and cut the fence?!?!?!?!?!?!?

...Dissapointing.

Yip allso did that route a couple of months ago me on Madala TT600 and my friend on his TW200, went up to the Spioenkop fire watch tower (what a view) My Avatar pic is from that day riding a firebreak. TR and LGF let me know when you guys go riding again in the area.