September trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFG

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
So a few of us have decided that the next month would be a good time to do a 4 day ride and I’d like to get some info from anyone that might know the areas or have some good routes.

Day one would be to get from JHB to Clarens, do the Old Mill Drift route and then back to Golden Gate for the night. There’ll be 4 or 5 of us on bikes ranging from a DR650 to a R1200GS LC. All of us are fairly competent riders. I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but what sort of time is needed to do OMD if there are no major hiccups?

Day two would be down to Underberg/Himeville via Bezuidenhouts pass. However one of my friends rode BP last week and said that it’s been graded and is in tiptop shape, we were hoping for something a little more challenging. Anyone have an alternative route or is it still worth it?

Day 3 will be onto Ladysmith and day 4 back to JHB via Normandiens.

Like I said, if anyone has any info on routes, accommodation or anything like let me know