Shark za`s Staggeringly Serious Sunday Sorte`;supposingly newbie?[sorry]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillystunt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
once again another great outing organised by dirt rider die hard shark za.
this time a bunch of unsuspecting newbies were initiated into the wilds that is De Wildt,the bikes consisted of every make and model and there was about thirty guys who out numbered the one lone female.
however as usual sillyb held her own and only balked once in the thick sand.she is quick to point out that while all around her were falling down she remembered the sand riding code of conduct,head up,look up, and pray like hell.
we even went up the infamous "rock". i almost lost it here when i tried to wheely over a large grass outcrop,the front wheel went way to high and i almost flipped over backwards,almost,it made for some butt puckering but helped to keep me humble on the way down!
the sand sections were very tough for newbies but got them out of the dirt highway routine and showed them what dirt riding is all about and what can be expected on the future.
the road alongside the canal on the way back was absolutely awesome,i dont know how many kilos it went on for , but it was briliant to get the rear end sliding way out as myself and "lonehill" a ktm 990 rideing wilddog newbie refused to brake for one another in to the bends,this yahoo behaviour could have had a bad ending but it didnt so i am still smiling! 
from my side i would have to say that it was another memorable wilddog ride hosted by another wilddog topdog.
special mention should go to the dude on the little 200cc no name brand,apologies as i have just forgotten his forum name but he is like the little train that could,he is always there abouts and forever having a gas.
....thanks shark
it was a nice one .a few pix to follow

Attachments

• IMG_1447 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1447 - Copy.jpg
    90.5 KB
  • IMG_1449 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1449 - Copy.jpg
    157.6 KB
  • IMG_1458 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1458 - Copy.jpg
    152.4 KB
  • IMG_1474 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1474 - Copy.jpg
    169.5 KB
  • IMG_1466 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1466 - Copy.jpg
    164.8 KB
Yep lots of envelope stretching  :biggrin: :biggrin:

:thumleft: nice gathering of Dawgs there.  :thumleft:

can't wait to read and see the rest of this RR

more pix

Attachments

• IMG_1472 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1472 - Copy.jpg
    100.7 KB
  • IMG_1468 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1468 - Copy.jpg
    105.7 KB
  • IMG_1471 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1471 - Copy.jpg
    104.8 KB
Great turn-up of members! :thumleft:

Fun and learning combined. Even with swearing here and there, I presume.  :biggrin:

sillystunt said:
special mention should go to the dude on the little 200cc no name brand,apologies as i have just forgotten his forum name but he is like the little train that could,he is always there abouts and forever having a gas.

Hi Sillystunt, and no probs forgetting the name. It's Trailblazer  ;)

Happens to me as well... too many names to try and remember all at once; information overload. The old grey matter ain't what is used to be anymore.

Twas nice riding with you and SillyB again. Hope to do it some more in the future.

Cheers

Thanks Shark for organising, a great ride, and to the rest of the Dogs, thanks for the good company. Hope to see and meet more of you in the near future.

PS. Where can I get memory pills, so's I'll remember all your names?

couldnt get pix of the tumbles as they all happened in the tight and twisty bits,from memory i can tell you that a 1150 gs went down,a 1200gs went down,a suzuki 400 went down and a silver something or other went down,best bike to fall over was sharks own pink klr that fell down with no one on it,it was totally exhausted!if it was a horse we would have to shoot it!

Awesome ride!!!    Thanks Shark!  Stretching the envelope is a understatement.  Not even in my young and wild days was I that wild!  Great fun and I'm sure I'm gona have the sore muscles to prove it tomorrow! :thumright:

Oh yes, a XT660R also went down  ;D ,  just a small one but I have a very sore right knee to cope with.  :(

haha, thanks everyone for making it a cool ride.
I was expecting about 10 people and got 30 !

Nothing was unridable and some people stretched their comfort zones a little.
Off camber bits and erosion ditches are a whole forgotten art, people focus too much on mud and sand.

Is the oke in the background having a crap?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.7 KB
It will be interesting to se what the newbs thought of it?

I am green/orange .... Looks like it was a great ride guys.

almost forgot,iron bru the guy wearing the bright yellow bib in the second picture of the thread bought a huge de wildt soil sample,tested his new motech crash bars on his dakkie,damn shame really as his left foot just came out of a cast! broke his ankle a couple of months back,luckily he fell on his right side this time!

sillystunt said:
couldnt get pix of the tumbles as they all happened in the tight and twisty bits,from memory i can tell you that a 1150 gs went down,a 1200gs went down,a suzuki 400 went down and a silver something or other went down,best bike to fall over was sharks own pink klr that fell down with no one on it,it was totally exhausted!if it was a horse we would have to shoot it!

Happy to correct if I got it wrong, but no an 1150 GSA or two may have gone down the lone 1150 GSV did not go down today  8) 8)

:useless:

Come on guys where are the pics........