Shark za`s Staggeringly Serious Sunday Sorte`;supposingly newbie?[sorry]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funacide said:
:useless:

Come on guys where are the pics........

There was little evidence of cameras, plus I was riding tail so I would arrive give a  :thumleft: and the group was gone....

Thank's Shark_za. was  super. Never ridden the canals before--Why ? I just dont know. But had a great time seeing some old WD's and some new ones. Lekker to just hang back and not worry for a change as far as taking a group out :thumleft:

Also saw a 990 KTM ( Grey) parked at on stage do the --All fall down routine without a rider on it. ::) After we split up to do another route to Menlyn Cafe also saw a DRZ 400 that was with us do the most amazing get-off and get up :mwink:

Thank's for letting Oom ride with ;)

Welsh said:
funacide said:
:useless:

Come on guys where are the pics........

There was little evidence of cameras, plus I was riding tail so I would arrive give a  :thumleft: and the group was gone....
Daar is net nie tyd om photos te neem nie by De-Wildt. Unless you go out there to pose and take some shots.

The Shit just happens toooo fast and furious there.

What a lekker day!!

I enjoyed every moment of it, although it was farking hard work on the mothership. Especially at the beginning what I think shark referred to as the mx section ???

I was sweating like a pig, and the break after the twisties was very welcome!!

I will have to replace a mirror, but the adrenalin and excitement made up for it!!

Only had time to take some photo's at the top of the rock, would have loved to be in front onthe canal roads with the speed bumps, I am sure some of the more experienced guys and the lighter bikes got airborne there :thumleft:

The Rock

100_1368.jpg

100_1372.jpg

The mothership

100_1371.jpg

The view

100_1373.jpg

The dogs have a look at were Runner got up

100_1376.jpg

The Oetie, on the Rock :thumleft:

100_1377.jpg

Welsh said:
sillystunt said:
couldnt get pix of the tumbles as they all happened in the tight and twisty bits,from memory i can tell you that a 1150 gs went down,a 1200gs went down,a suzuki 400 went down and a silver something or other went down,best bike to fall over was sharks own pink klr that fell down with no one on it,it was totally exhausted!if it was a horse we would have to shoot it!

Happy to correct if I got it wrong, but no an 1150 GSA or two may have gone down the lone 1150 GSV did not go down today  8) 8)
I know for a fact that at at least one 1150 GSA went down - don't ask me how I know  :-[ . Great ride but I'm already feeling it today and tomorrow I'm sure I'll be worse.

Much of many thanks for the directions, alas, too late. When I tried to connect, the server was being moved or something, and I never got the directions to the meeting point.

I remember nothing but a great ride!! For those with a camera, I salute you for taking a hand off the handle bars.

Can we do it again tomorrow?

Thank guys had a ball !!!  :thumleft: O ja there are more than two xr650r 's ,Blazes we should do that again soon
  :ricky:

hoezaaaaaat dudes,,,,

lekka lekka ride,,,thanx to all that was there

like they say ....petrol for a ride to dewildt..............R300

beers before, during and after.......R200

being on top of the "rock"......... with your son........Priceless

pic1.....father and son

pic 2...dusty and tired

pic 3...thanx  Sharkza

respect to the amazing wd's,,,,,,

especially newbies for not quitting en die ou manne for making it look easy

what a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• dewildt 004.jpg
    dewildt 004.jpg
    68.3 KB
  • dewildt 009.jpg
    dewildt 009.jpg
    62.1 KB
  • dewildt 010.jpg
    dewildt 010.jpg
    57.9 KB
But although EVERYBODY saw Shark dump his bike at the shop (not even running) only Grootseun and myself I guess, saw his "Biltong" moment, as we left the rock the entire group passed throuh a herd of cattle uneventfully, but something spooked one, so it ran directly into sharkies path ::) ::) he "missed it" but close enough to bump his bars  8) he had BIG EYES, trust me  :biggrin: 

Underdog/Grootseun on a run?  :eek:  :biggrin:  8)

I must put in a formal complaint and admonishment. Kakking af and hectic riding is no excuse for the small amount of pictures so far.  :patch: :biggrin:

Where's Runner's Koos se Klim? Anybody got a video of that maybe?

JourneyMan said:
Underdog/Grootseun on a run?  :eek:  :biggrin:  8)

I must put in a formal complaint and admonishment. Kakking af and hectic riding is no excuse for the small amount of pictures so far.  :patch: :biggrin:

Where's Runner's Koos se Klim? Anybody got a video of that maybe?

It was fun, and the mind will work its tricks and everybody will look back fondly on the ride (even thoughs who were having a sense of humour failure)  :biggrin:

Oh yes, no chance of a video of Runner, he did the " look up, hit and run" no planning, no test run ups, just hit and run :biggrin: :biggrin:

REDRIDER said:
Thank guys had a ball !!!  :thumleft: O ja there are more than two xr650r 's ,Blazes we should do that again soon
  :ricky:
Yes i agree was A1 :thumleft: those fast twisties and technical bits we did before the shop was super cool. :mwink: After the shop we went up to Barakolala. Bliksem ??? Brett wanted to kill Ian and me. 2m drop offs into rivers not even knowing how deep they are. Overgrown sections where the thorn bush want to hang you up. Was worth the Afkak the view from the top of the Tower over De-Wildt was AWESOME. Today the bones are just a little sore. The rest of my body---DEAD ???

Awesome ride folks Thanks to all.

Well done to Shark! Cruising along with a broken foot peg ain't fun I'm sure.

We got separated from the pack at one point Runner Red Cracker Wild Hearted Son and I. We did the canals back and then Cracker WHS and Myself had a Zama or 2 at Kwakers.

What a day

Those that want to ride the rock we are heading out that way tomorrow

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=25846.0

I saw you with WHS and it looked like the guy with the white Shoei blasting past on the tar just as we reached there via the canals.
Doing everything sitting down was a new adventure.

shark_za said:
I saw you with WHS and it looked like the guy with the white Shoei blasting past on the tar just as we reached there via the canals.
Doing everything sitting down was a new adventure.

Bolt Centres and Tube Diameter needed !!!!!

Thanx Shark. Ride was  :thumleft: :biggrin:

SillyStunt , where are the pics of us on top for the " ROCK "

As for those canal road at the end of the ride, sillystunt, it was good to ride with you again, reminds me of our younger day, when the three of us (Sillystunt, Ironbru and myself) started riding and having fun. Great to ride wheel to wheel with some one you can trust and known that they will not do some think stupid.

Sillyb, great to see you again, and well done on the ride.

Ironbru, sorry you had to cut your ride short. You where missed on top of the "ROCK"

And to all Wilddogs,  Happy Holidays, Looking forward to meet and riding with you in the new year.

Cheers

i have a real bad pic of runner coming up the "hard side" just as evidence i will post it but the quality is bark sa style.
to all the skeptics,here goes

Attachments

• IMG_1450 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1450 - Copy.jpg
    143.9 KB
  • IMG_1451 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1451 - Copy.jpg
    115.8 KB
  • IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    109 KB
  • IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    126 KB
Unfortunately that is only Redrider coming up the middle route.

And what about the DRZ that tried to follow runner up and didnt make it ?