Short Lesotho trip.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINZI

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
WARNING PLEASE NOTE: Some of the facts in this Ride Report has been altered and changed in order to protect the riders and make it sound more interesting!
Some time ago, our (RiaanGSA and Abnormalload) wives decided that they need a break from us and decided to go to a spa for a day to be treated and pampered. Myself and Chris(Abnormalload), decided that we were not made to stay at home and that we should take some time out as well.
We wanted to go and do a trip were we could be irresponsible and just ride wherever the road takes us.
We decided to do a Lesotho trip and see some of the areas in that little country that we have not seen before.
The 3 day trip’s route was as follows: DAY 1, Home, Heidelberg, Villiers, Cornelia, Warden, Harrismith, Van Reenen, Winterton, Frere, Escourt, Mooi River, Nottingham Road, Bulwer, Himeville.
DAY 2, Kingscote, Swartberg, Cedarville, Matatiele, Qacha’s Nek, Patlong, Mphaki, Sebapala, Mohale’s Hoek, Mafeteng, Van Rooyen’s Nek, Wepener, Hobhouse, Ladybrand, Ficksburg, Fouriesburg.
DAY 3, Clarens, Bethlehem, Heilbron, Vereeniging, Home.
All in all, we did about 1500km’s and rode dirt where ever we could find it. Two nice stretches of dirt was the last 67km’s before Himeville and then a long stretch between Swartberg and Matatiele. I can not remember everything from Saturday morning as I had one hell of a hangover and woke up that morning with the flu and a chest cold.
I am only going to post some pics with captions for this RR.

IMG_1110.jpg

Meeting before Heidelberg in the mist.

IMG_1120.jpg

Our first dirt for the day.

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

Stopping for a cold one between Nottingham Road and Himeville.

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

On the road between Nottingham road and Himeville. About 67km's of the best dirt road I have ever ridden.

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

Accomodation at Himeville Arms..... Very nice place to stay. ( Yes, I did remove the bike from my room before going to bed )

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

24092011419.jpg

24092011418.jpg

The road between Himeville and Matatiele and Qachas nek border post. Not good to do this with a hangover.

IMG_1154.jpg

Having our "breakfast" at the side of the road somewhere in Lesotho. Broken eggs and Sparkling water, eish!

IMG_1163.jpg

Manic and TC met us in Fouriesburg on the Saturday evening.
24092011420.jpg

A quick recap of the trip: The locals are definately friendlier closer to Katse area, as I have a couple of shots on my helmet cam where they threatened to stone us at the villages. Do not attempt the dirt road to Qachas nek border post when you are hung over or tired. There are NO straight roads in Lesotho. The eye can see about 10km far, but the road to get there is 4 times as long.
Chris can post some more pics here, thanks to Chris, Manic and TC. It was a nice trip and lekker kuier. :thumleft:

:thumleft: Lekker man! Watse bier met coke-prop afferes drink julle daar?

Dikdaan said:
:thumleft: Lekker man! Watse bier met coke-prop afferes drink julle daar?

Dit is die bier wat ons by Nottingham Brewery gekoop het. Baaaaaie lekker.

Baie nice RR en foto's  ;D die spa treat was baie lekker en ons was nie naastenby so moeg toe ons terugkom soos julle nie  :mwink:

Lekker. En slaap met jou bike in jou kamer... jy laaik darem die bike stukkend.