Shy dog...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoquan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi there

I have actually been around for a while sniffing out bargains and interesting stories, but never got around to introducing myself.

Still on the right side of forty, living in Pretoria, happily married and have two gorgeous little girls. Started biking as a wee little boy on a Honda CR125 and then my dad's XR500. My BMW adventure biking affair started with the first Funduro and got serious with a R1100GS, then the R1150GS, then the R1200GS and then the Adventure. Had some flings in between with a F650GS Dakar and a F800GS, but the Adventure still takes best care of the kids. I have been privileged enough to see the greatest parts of Southern Africa on two wheels, before it became fashionable. Through it all I have also contributed a fair share to my pediatrician's beach house, all in the name of adventure.

The sad truth be told, I am currently on a bike-less Winter hiatus, but there is a neat spot reserved in the garage for a liquid-cooled boxer GS... Who knows what will fill the space if it stays vacant too long?