slank tapper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazy-eyes

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
today i had my first big tank slapper (since owning a yamaha R1). i had a few on the R1 and sh@t my pants as a result. for instance; overtake at 160, hit some bumps, get scared sh!tless and ride at 120 for the next few k's :shock: .

today:
ride on gravel. encouter some bumps uppon accelerating. think "no prob, im on a KTM!". keep accelerating. suddenly the handlebars are going wild!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
the bike leans over at 60 degrees whilst going straight, with handlebars going crazy. what to do? get off the gas! bike leans over a bit more. front wheel makes nausiating whaling sound.

ok, i accept the fact that im going down and prepare fopr pain and dust.
WHAT THE!!
i'm alive!
somehow the bike went from leaning over and out of controll, back to a normal coast as if nothing ever happened.
?????? huh ?????
keep riding (although somewhat more cautious) as not to be put off riding gravel in the long run by a bad experience like this.

plan to phone KTM 1st thing tuesday regarding steering stabilizer options :shock: