Slightly technical ride (Gauteng) - Sunday 8 February 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Greetings,

I am planning a ride for those that wish to enjoy something mildly technical. Something that is still scenic (my name is "Kykdaar" after all ;D), but which is a bit tougher than the normal social rides whilst not as hard and tiring as, for example, DeWildt.

Although squarely aimed at the road scrambler crowd (XR/DR/XT, X-challenge, etc), if you have a bigger adventure bike and posess the skill to get it over some rougher terrain  :mwink:  then you are also more than welcome to join. Similiarly the smaller bikes such as the NXR's and TW's are also welcome. Road legal plastic bikes can also join (eg TTR's and CRF230's).

It is probably fair to say that this ride is not recommended for noobs  :'(

The aim here is not to go break any bikes (or people) but just to enjoy their off-road capabilities in the company of fellow Wilddogs and have a fun day. If an obstacle is too tough I will be the first to wimp out and ride around it so you can just follow me ;D - I have no pride or ego.

Bring water, puncture repair equipment and money for fuel and chow along the way. Pray for sunshine.

Meeting point is the BP Garage (Faerie Glen) on the corner of Hans Srijdom Drive (M10) and Old Farm Road.

Time - 08h00 for 08h30