Slowing down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
As I get older, I notice that sometimes I just stop and become more aware of everything going on around me. This provides a very unique opportunity to just pause and take things in. Sounds, smells, feelings and sights. This sometimes causes dead objects to show a sign of life – I call it character.

Ok, my feelings aside now. I was looking for a motorcycle to accompany me on this new journey I am undertaking. Something simple. Something that smells, vibrates and looks like well groomed older lady. Something with character.

I set my eyes looking for a Bonneville. But a pre fuel injected model. After searching high and low I found a nice example at Bikeshop Rivonia. She was well cared for and her age of 17 years and 55000km didn’t even show any wrinkles – she was well groomed.

She was shipped down, and I trailered her back home to the Southern Point. The first ride was everything I expected it to be. The smell and burble from the exhausts, the smell of oil on the steel and, the character.

I think I have an affair…

Attachments

• Bonnie.jpg
    Bonnie.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0