Small Bike Ride Sunday 21st June RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Got together for a small bike Ride in my backyard 650cc and under ;) Hoofseun decided he would ride 2 x 600cc to level the playing field ???
Nice turn out as usual with some Old friends and the pleasure of meeting some new riders. Had about one third of the group being ladies join us. Must be our Manners or charm that get them to join in on my rides---Definately NOT my Looks---Maybe My personality as Misty mentioned. :peepwall:

We headed on mostly back roads and just had FUN for a change.

The Group.

About 17 of us.
dsc00854x.jpg

dsc00853n.jpg

dsc00855pmm.jpg

Decided to see if Misty's real estate was still Ok and that their were no Land Claims or Squatters on it. :mwink:
dsc00863u.jpg

dsc00864b.jpg

dsc00865k.jpg

dsc00866wys.jpg

dsc00867z.jpg

dsc00868p.jpg

dsc00870e.jpg

Hoofeun Riding his two 600cc ::)

dsc00871g.jpg

dsc00872o.jpg

dsc00873u.jpg

Rode along mostly Railway Tracks---And look what Greeted us---The MUDMONSTER ??? in winter.

dsc00892i.jpg

dsc00893v.jpg

dsc00895z.jpg

dsc00901n.jpg

Taking Roll call----just to see if we forgot someone along the way.

dsc00923j.jpg

Looking for a shady spot.
dsc00924nrq.jpg

dsc00927x.jpg

Regrouping after some tracks.

dsc00932e.jpg

dsc00935y.jpg

Now this i found very Funny --Sorry Dakota. We were all waiting for the TRAIN to Pass and Dakota felt maybe she was tooooo close to the Train and as i took the pics in order---Watch Dakota do her DISMOUNT off her Dakkie.

dsc00939e.jpg

dsc00940met.jpg

dsc00941opm.jpg

dsc00943d.jpg

dsc00943z.jpg

dsc00944r.jpg

dsc00946fkx.jpg

dsc00949f.jpg

NOW Where did THAT Train come from ?--asking one another.

dsc00952n.jpg

dsc00953e.jpg

All and All a great day was had by me. Thanks Kykdaar for riding sweeper.

Thanks to ALL who joined in. Malibu-Dakota -Red - Misty- And great to have met you Hel-Bent--Like that scoot :mwink: Ladies --You are all doing so well since i last rode with you all  :thumleft:

Kykdaar-Martin -Cracker-Goofy- Robing-Hoofseun( You still need to TEACH me HOW to ride two 600cc at the same time ::) )

And for the rest of the guys--sorry i do not remember everyones name at the best of times-Thank's for making it a great Fathers Day.

Must say it is allways Fun to be with You Gals and Guy's

I will not add too much to the RR. The rest i leave up to the people who MADE the DAY. :mwink:

blazes said:
Hoofseun ( You still need to TEACH me HOW to ride two 600cc at the same time ::) )

Hi Blazes

This is quite tricky thing to master, the key is to ride it in such a way that you are allowed to ride with the small bike group...  :ricky:

Thnxs for an excellent organised ride.  It was a great route, pity I had to leave half-way, but the rest of the afternoon was also fun with the 2 x 600cc at Rhino Park's beach, will post one or two photos later.

Puddles joined me at Rhino and at least she could ride some of the first section of the route back home with me.I think she was green with envy for missing such a nice ride, as you know she loves water "puddles" :pot:

Red, I hope you're knee is feeling better soon

Thanks Blazes for yet another fun and relaxing ride. I thouroughly enjoyed myself hanging by the back and watching the thrills and spills up front.

Have upgraded Malibu to "one of the boys" status as the result of her very good riding skills  :biggrin:

Also impressed by Misty who toughed it out the whole way  :thumleft: Considering that she rode a heavier bike than me with road tyres in those muddy / gravel conditions I think she did very well. Like I said before, riding the DR sometimes feels like cheating >:D

Thanks to everyone for a great day out.

Hey Blazes ... sorry I missed your ride AGAIN.  Had some family responsibility things to take care of  :-\

Hoofseun phoned me & said I must come through to Rhino Park to "kuir" with some friends that were playing in the mud.  I was feeling a bit miff cause I had missed the morning ride BUT was pleasantly surprised when Hoofseun & I left Rhino Park.  I was about to settle into the boring tar ride home when suddenly he veared off into the dirt .... yeeehhhaaa .... my day was made  :p  :thumleft:  :biggrin:

lovely route  :thumleft:

And who had to have the one puncture of the day.... ME! 

Thanks to all for making yesterday a fantastic day!  Terrific riding, super company and a perfect winter highveld day!  :thumleft:  And I got to let Lill'Red do her thing!  :thumleft:

Thanks M was a great day… had lots of fun…. Got a bit of confidence back..  :thumleft:

Hi D

Confidence back, I did not realise that it was gone!  You rode like somebody on a lazy Sunday ride, taking all the mud and sand like a pro...

Thanks for another great ride organized blazes!  :thumleft: Glad to see my piece of land doing so well and that there have been no further land claims to date!  :ricky:

I really enjoyed myself – can you believe even the mud monster  ;) – and thanks Kykdaar for that vote of confidence – really appreciated! Great riding with all you gals and girls as always.  :)

A flat, is that what you call it Mal… I thought I heard something about a nail and keeping to the beat…   >:D

:peepwall:

Um... ja... ok sjoe glad I missed that part! haha :biggrin:

Kykdaar said:
Have upgraded Malibu to "one of the boys" status as the result of her very good riding skills  :biggrin:

The first section to Cullinan, or rather most of it, Malibu was riding at the rear overseeing us backriders.

Then at some stage she got bored and went to the front and decided to chase Blazes (and that with a KLR), standing up, flat out and a grin that not even the helmet could hide, back in her element.

:ricky:

Thanks again, Blazes, for another great ride. You're a hard fellow to catch on that husky of yours.

Malibu, you go girl, that's the way a KLR supposed to be ridden!

Looks like a lot of fun. Sorry I missed it.

Cracker, I think calling that Husky a "dualsport", is like saying Button's F1 car is a family sedan.  :pot:

Would love to join one of your ride's soon Blazes.

Hoofseun said:
Kykdaar said:

The first section to Cullinan, or rather most of it, Malibu was riding at the rear overseeing us backriders.

Then at some stage she got bored and went to the front and decided to chase Blazes (and that with a KLR), standing up, flat out and a grin that not even the helmet could hide, back in her element.

:ricky:

I seem to recall you being beside me during that little stint...  :biggrin:  Somehow, you on 2 600's still kill me on the road...  :'(   

Cracker, thanks for the compliment...  :thumleft:

Hoofseun said:
blazes said:
Hoofseun ( You still need to TEACH me HOW to ride two 600cc at the same time ::) )

Hi Blazes

This is quite tricky thing to master, the key is to ride it in such a way that you are allowed to ride with the small bike group...  :ricky:

Thnxs for an excellent organised ride.  It was a great route, pity I had to leave half-way, but the rest of the afternoon was also fun with the 2 x 600cc at Rhino Park's beach, will post one or two photos later.

Puddles joined me at Rhino and at least she could ride some of the first section of the route back home with me.I think she was green with envy for missing such a nice ride, as you know she loves water "puddles" :pot:

Red, I hope you're knee is feeling better soon
Mmmmmm :-\ I may beleive you ;) But Millions of people will not :peepwall:

Malibu said:
Bwahahhahaaaaaaa

At least you missed the part about the purple vibrator!   :imaposer:
But still you got Spykered on Little Red :peepwall: Nailed in otherwords--Does Not sound good ::) Let me rephrase. Picked up a NAIL. Damm-let me go back to work before this gets out of hand.

Puddles said:
Hey Blazes ... sorry I missed your ride AGAIN.  Had some family responsibility things to take care of  :-\

Hoofseun phoned me & said I must come through to Rhino Park to "kuir" with some friends that were playing in the mud.  I was feeling a bit miff cause I had missed the morning ride BUT was pleasantly surprised when Hoofseun & I left Rhino Park.  I was about to settle into the boring tar ride home when suddenly he veared off into the dirt .... yeeehhhaaa .... my day was made  :p   :thumleft:   :biggrin:

lovely route  :thumleft:
Next time( Have i not said that before ::)) Must be my memory going  :-[

Must PLAN a ride and Braai with a backup truck ? shortly--so that ALL can join in :mwink: