Small budget, small bikes and small experience: Cape Town to Kilimanjaro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfukuda87

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Greetings Wild Dogs!

Thanks for all of the help over the last couple of weeks. Your tips and advice and words of encouragement went a longgg way. With that said, we are now OFF on our trip, day 3 to be exact.

To sum up, we purchased two XR125's with very low miles, created a homemade pannier setup, and now in Springbok, about to head on over to Namibia. On borrowed computer time right now therefore wont be able to upload any pics but soon, i promise.

Cheers WD, thank you and also a special thanks to Alfred, David, Hermann, and most of all Mr. Grandpa himself, Tim, at Tim's motorcycles.

Ken

Fair winds and following seas - lay the groundwork for rest of us with big dreams and small wallets

Good luck julle. Wil ook nog graag die langpad vat met die XR125.
Klein bikes en die langpad is magic. Heel ander mindset. :thumleft:

Daarshy nou!! Lekker ry manne, ons sal julle volg deur die 'kuber ruimte'  :imaposer: Geniet dit en maak die meeste daarvan, dis die lewe!!  :laughing4:

Thanks Ken for starting this RR. :thumleft:

Will keep an eye on it to keep up to date on your trip. Travel safe Buddy & enjoy every minut of it. :ricky: :ricky: :thumleft:

All the best and please keep posting updates here  :thumleft:

subie said:

I'm pretty sure Ken is from the USA and his Afrikaans might be a bit ermm.. rusty non-existent

MrBig said:

subie said:

I'm pretty sure Ken is from the USA and his Afrikaans might be a bit ermm.. rusty non-existent

Mr Big,... you are quite spot on there.... ;) I met Ken the other day while he was doing some last minute Prep work over @ Tim's Place,... & I can confirm that he is VERY much "American English Speaking" ;D ;D

Very nice down to earth guy & was really looking forward to getting this trip started. :thumleft:

Good luck with the trip! Id love to check the pictures when they are ready.

MrBig said:

subie said:

Sorry Ken. I should try and get into a bit of english posting. Just wanted to wish you good luck. I am a big fan of small bikes on long trips.  :thumleft:

Awesome, looking forward to more and some pics when you can.

many happy miles and smiles, those are awesome little machines.

Good luck on the trip, it is a life changing experience.. expecially on a small bike with small fuel range and basically no loading capacity.

gonna be an interesting one to follow.

enjoy and ride safe

Muz

Best of luck Ken, ride safe and enjoy.  :ricky:

Latest posts