So I been thinking.....Jozi2Palmy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caconcepts

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
For quite some time, since my 3 youngest kids move to New Zealand, I have been thinking of riding my bike from Johannesburg to Palmerston North in New Zealand.

I figure I can add more value by raising money and awareness for a good cause than sitting at work. Also just want to ride my bike.

Now I know there are some obstacles in the way, some water and some dodgy areas our mother's told us never to go to but I think there is more good than evil in this world.

The route for the moment is quite simple. Up West Africa, take care in Mauritania and Western Sahara, cross over to Spain. Ride Europe into the Stan's, through Asia, Hop over to OZ and on to NZ, ending in Palmerston North to visit the kids.

Would really like to include Mongolia and Russia but maybe that can be the alternative way back.

I know China is a no go at the moment with the "guide" concept.

So if anybody has advice or can point me to good sources of information or know of people who have done something similar, please can you share.