So What Have You Learnt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisv

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
So reflecting on my fantastic trip (Hogsback Bash) I started thinking about what I would change on my bike setup, gear etc.

I thought it may be interesting to share, so :

1) Mounting Racks for my saddle bags :-

To keep the bags away from the pipes on my dak. I got a small hole the size of a cigaret burnhole on the left bag  :-\

And to keep them in position because everytime we did some gravel travel and I stood up the bags moved forward  ???

2) Peak helmet :-

Like an Airoh or Arai TX to keep the sun out of my eyes on the gravel roads late afternoon and early morning and to provide some sun protection, my face got burnt  :-[

3) Comfie earphones :-

My MP3 player's earphones hurt my ears after about an hour of riding, they are the ones that go into the ear but have no spunges so need to find sponges to fit over for a comfie fit  O0

4) Tyres :-

I have to take spare tubes and tyre levers. We were lucky and had only one puncture (valve) and a friendly helper to help us, but that could have caused a serious problem  :eek:

5) Tankbag :-

For my camera etc because digging in my saddle bags was just wasting time and irretating  8)

So in retrospect what would you do differently to make things easier or better when you look back at your long trip ???

;D