KEEPING TRACK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Yes me again , and posing a question as to how you keep track of when tyres were fitted , I have a general good idea , but nothing concrete and on paper , So if I quote mileage covered its a close guess at best .
Same i suppose with other consumables , chain , sprockets , pads . I replace when required and thumb suck mileage to as close as I can .
I will admit that I had over estimated the live on my current rear tyre by about b1500 ks :cry: , I did less than thought , but it has lasted 10 months , did 2 trips to Lesotho , one to ET ,and a fair number of Sunday rides , Price equates to about R250 a month or 60 bucks a weekend of extra cost to go on the breakfast run .
But not knowing proper details , had me thinking about it , the invoice is recorded and files with all my other papers , just thought of it , a sticker under the seat with dates purchased and odo mileage might just work . Think it worth trying , fitting a new rear on Friday .