• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold - KTM 950 Short motor/bottom end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I have a complete 2004 KTM 950 short motor bottom end

I bought it from the legend Lyndon Poskit to replace my 950 base as the base area on mine was leaking. I eventually ended up buying another complete 990 Super Duke engine and so didn’t get to use this one.

You will get the crank cases and everything inside them i.e complete gearbox clusters and shift mechanisms, oil pumps and housings, crankshaft. NO clutch, no primary drive, no ignition or flywheel, just what is inside the cases. You will need to fit your balance shaft and cam chains, everything in/on the clutch and ignition side and the top ends.

Here’s a PM I got from him whilst doing the buy detailing all that it has. He stripped and rebuilt it all with new bearings so it is as good as new. It comes with a complete set of the upgraded cylinder head bolts.

It has sat in a storage box and regularly oiled to prevent any rust.

If you have gearbox, output shaft, main bearings/crank or the dreaded base gasket wear/leak issues, here is your one stop answer.

It is not compatible with a 990 motor – the stroke and cylinder mounts are not the same.

R15000.00