• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale For sale; 1977 Yamaha DT250D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hi Guys and girls, I am wanting to sell this 250, which I rebuilt before Covid.

I want R35000 for it, and I will try and list roughly what was done to it, as well as shortcomings and remaining problems.

Both wheelrims were clear anodised, all spokes cleaned and cadmium-plated, hubs blasted and ceramic coated with new wheel bearings and seals front and rear.

Forklegs polished, with new seals and oil. *****slight rustmarks on fork stanchions.

All cables new, clutch, front brake, throttle cable and rev counter and speedocables. *****Rev counter is broken.

Frame blasted, anti-rust primer applied to inside and outside of frame, then painted black.

New swingarm bearings. *****chain cover missing.

Professionally applied paintwork in Yamaha Bilboa blue, with correct 1977 graphics.

All engine casings ceramic coated.

New crankshaft mainbearings, new connecting rod, gudgeon pin, crankpin, big-end bearing and small end bearing. New piston in 0,5mm oversize, with barrel rebored at Motormasters.

All engine oil seals replaced. 2Stroke pump reconditioned with new seals and shims.

*****electrics need to be sorted, wiring loom complete and in good order, with all components like rectifier, etc. still there.

Handlebar control switches stripped, cleaned and assembled.

It starts 1st kick, even today after it has been standing for 2 months.

I have done only approximately 50kms on it, and it is still being run in.

Here's 2 photos so long.

Attachments

• DSCN3345.JPG
    DSCN3345.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN3344.JPG
    DSCN3344.JPG
    645.9 KB · Views: 0