Solo Lepel Lê

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Now that I have your attention  :p

Arrie's parents live in Elisras or as it is now known, Lephalale, and he asked me to join him for some golf over the long weekend.

So on Thursday morning I mount all my kit and of I go.  As I left town, I switched on the GPS to start the routing, but alas the thing is stuffed.
No matter what I do, it simply will not pick up any satellite signals. Awh well, now I just have to use it as a manual map :-\
Please find the attached file of the rout taken. 
In total the return trip was 784 km  of which a max of about 200km was done on tar.

Near Marico Eye.........
image131mm4.jpg

image132rk9.jpg

I then came about this plaasbike ;D
image133sz6.jpg

Between Mabaalstad and Dwarsberg.  Closer to Dwarsberg
image136gb4.jpg

After Dwaalboom....
image137zv7.jpg

About 40km before Ellisras.
image139mz8.jpg

We had a very nice relaxed time, and even enjoyed the golf ;)
Elisras is truly a beautiful little place. Still nice and green.
Sunday morning an I'm back in the saddle for the return trip.
Funny how things look different when you seen them from the other side.

Some more tar near Sentrum.
image141sy7.jpg

At the Krokodil river bridge.
image142ff4.jpg

image143yv8.jpg

image144sm1.jpg

About 20km out of Swartruggens on the Ventersdorp road, there is this little "pass". Just at the bottom there is a turnoff to the right. Awsome!!
(was temporary uncertain of my position  ;D ) (Damn GPS  ;) )
image145bl4.jpg

image148ti2.jpg

A nice piece of open road near Licthenburg.
image150ck3.jpg

Got back safely, no problems on the bike. Odometer now at 2300km after 3 weeks :eek: ;D
Run baby run!

I'm Stofstreep, and I like it like that!  O0

Attachments

• Ellisras1.gdb
    18.3 KB
cool stuff! i came upon that little pass that you refer to purely by accident - really enjoyed it :)

Trailrider said:
Who won? You or the horse?  ;) ;D

;D

It was actually very funny. I approached the horse slowly but he was on a steady gallop. (Properly smelled a mare in the area :) )
You know how a horse or a donkey can look at you, and strait ahead? Doing most of the looking around with the ears.
As I approached him he cocked his ears around slowly started running faster. Soon he was at full tilt.

Luckily the '08 model won. Other wise I would still be on the road ;D

Lekker, glad so see that KLR being used.

With regards to the GPS, check this thread by Leo https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=2771.0, don't know if it applies to you or not.

I have done a few stints at Lephalale, it may be a sleepy nice little town at the moment, but its "Brace Yourself Sheila" time.

Tomorrow is the turning of the SOD for the next Eskom Power Station called Medupi at yes you guessed it, Lephalale.

A nice little dorp, MILES from anywhere and you quietly drop in 4 or 5,000 hairy arsed construction workers,  :eek: :eek: :eek: lock up your daughters time.

Welsh  ::) ::) ::)  

Latest posts