Spanish riders need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day! Although I've been a keen follower of the postings on this website, this will be the first time that I'll be doing a posting myself. (Sounds like a serious step!).

I've received an e-mail (please see below) from Ana Belen in Spain who'll be visiting South Africa in March this year. It would nice to help her. Would you please share any ideas or suggestions that you may have:

"We will be arriving in Jo'burg next 5th March and stay till the 15th. 5 bikers and 6-7 people in two 4x4.
I've already been in South Africa. A few times because of my job (stewardess. Madrid-Jo'burg-Madrid) and also my last holidays (2 weeks in October 2006) visiting Cape Town, Kruger Park and Victoria Falls. We rented a car. Really liked it.
Could you suggest any itinerary? Something that we shouldn't miss? We were interested in Chobe, Okavango, Namib, Fish River Canyon,.... lots of things.
But we only have 10 days so maybe just go through South Botswana and Namibia and nothern part of South Africa.
Riding motos (motorcycles) in the parks is not allowed, right?
I'm willing to receive your answer telling me lots of information: rental companies, itinerary, lodging, advice about equipment, clothing, weather in March, ... We wanted to rent the cars with rooftop tents, also taking some tents of our own in order to be independent. Could you tell me if you think it is a good idea or is there enough choice of B&B, hostels,etc in the area we want to visit?
I could get in touch with Bushtracker, Motorrad Rentals and I have an idea of pricing but you maybe know some other companies.
They offer a Toyota Hilux, a Mitsubishi Double Cab or a Defender. Which one do you recommend?
I'll be riding a F650GS. Maybe the Dakar model. I have an Africa Twin, 750cc., never have driven a BMW. I guess it is lighter than mine so I won't have any problem in the tracks.

Sorry if I make too many questions, but I'm willing to know everything. In fact I'm looking for all the information, taking care of the organisation of this journey and I don't want to dissapoint my friends although they are easy-going."

Thank you for helping!

Johan du Preez