Spongy rubber seal stuff ...................

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
It's not for a bike, but for a car.

I need to make a waterproof seal for a plastic cover that goes over the relay box in an Opel Corsa. I can buy the part for a gazillion rand but all I really need is the seal.

It's the same stuff used on bike air-filter housing covers and other uses all over the motor world. I thought I'd mention the air filters coz then you all know what I'm talking about ..................... I hope. A soft rubber, for dust and water sealing.

It's a spongy rubber, 5mm in diameter, and I need roughly a metre in length. Like the door seal stuff you buy in Builders but round, not square. Solid rubber, like a very big o-ring would probably also work but I'd prefer the soft stuff.

In SA, I'd go shopping and find it. But I'm not in SA, I'm in the Netherlands and need to go shopping in Dutch. I don't know what to buy in English to start with, and trying to describe it in Dutch is a big no-no for me at the moment.

So, some pointers as to what it is I'm looking for would help. Once I know what to call it and where to get it in SA, I can convert to Dutch shopping ....................  :thumleft: