Stolen identity....... registration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I've had numberplates stolen before - so now I pop-rivet them!

I've ben aware of license discs being stolen and have made the effort to secure this on my bikes - the GSA's got a nifty cylindrical waterproof tube that you simply cannot remove without a whole lot of tools.......... and the XT550's disc is secured with an 8mm Stainless bolt that needs an Allen key and has a locknut on the back..........

So I get this SMS on my phone last week that Summons has been issued against me for numerous offences......... all using my ID number.

I hope I can classify myself as law-abiding, so naturally a bit concerned and end up phoning the Cape Town Traffic Dept. for more info. They confirm multiple fines and handing over to the Wynberg Court - so nothing they can do. I do however insist that they give me the registration number of the "offending"  vehicle, which turn out to be my XT's number - however the violations have been committed by a Honda Ballade using my plates. I advise that it's my Reg and registered to a Motorcycle.......  :deal:

Now here's where it get's interesting........... Traffic cannot do anything - they indicate I have to deal with the Court (now bearing in mind - I'm not the guilty party) to sort it out........... THIS pisses me off BIG TIME - the lady confirms that when she runs my ID number - I only have a Charade and 2 motorcycles registered to my name......... SO WHY THE F$$# did they not check my ID number and the vehicles BEFORE sending the stuff off to the Court - BECAUSE THEY ARE KAK-SLEG!

So I call the Court an they want me to drive 160km from Napier to come talk to the Prosecutor to state my case......... WTF - state my case.........?  :patch:  Bastids - I don't have a bloody case!!..... It was not me..........!!

So I tell thm in nice words to "Travel-Off"  and ask for an email or fax number to send them the docs........ nope - they want me to go and do signed affidavits that the number plate belongs to my bike  ??? but I faxed copy of a letter and SAPS stamp and Reg docs to them........ stuff it - Traffic needs to do their job!

My ONLY worry is that if I get stopped in a Roadblock and there's a warrant out for me........ the idiots manning the roadblock would not give a monkeys that I'm not the guilty party.........!

What's really worst of all - my XT's been in storage since May last year (locked in my garage while we were overseas) ...... I remember renewing the license disc earlier this year and putting it on the bike..........

Last night I stripped the Carb and serviced the bike so I can use it this weekend.......... ONLY to see my tooltube's hanging loose....... and the bolt that held the tube - also held the license disc holder... which has miraculously disappeared  :-\  FFS...... it's been dief'd.........

So lesson learnt - the disc will now be copied and stuck to the underside of the seat........ if a cop wants to see it...... he'll have to wait until the seat bolts are removed to show him  :xxbah:

BASTIDS!!