• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

(SURVEY: Who uses Bike Comms?) WANTED: 2nd-hand Baehr Communication System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Guys, I'm looking for a 2nd-hand Baehr Communication System...

...specifically one with the Bike-2-Bike 2-way radio system.

You see, I already have the Baehr basic solution but want to expand to be able to communicate with a Zartek(or similar) 2-way radio.

It's INHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE to expand on my current Baehr system, so I'm testing the waters to see whether there is anyone (like me) who may have had the Baehr System installed but who doesn't use it anymore.

Important considerations:
1. I MUST have decent wired stereo music
2. I don't need a pillion communication function (I have a spare one that I NEVER use)
3. I need to determine what the chances will be of actually finding someone to ride that has a Bike-2-Bike radio system - what are the chances hey? (Most people seem to go for this BlueTooth stuff).
4. Do I consider another brand of 'wired sound' like StarCom ?  (Which 'may' be cheaper to buy and add the Bike-2-Bike module than to add one to the Baehr System) ?

What say you wise owls of the WD forum?

Comment from the guru's like Pauli(GPS4Africa) maybe?

Point me in the right direction to talk to other 'sound/comms gurus' perhaps?

Awaiting your sage advice...

Maybe it's time to do a WD poll(or one may have already have been done) to determine the percentages of riders with communication systems  - say something like:
Riders who...
a) ...only listen to music(no phone/gps/etc)
b) ...listen to music; phone; GPS
c) ...listen to music; phone GPS and Bike-2-Bike Bluetooth (when not on dirt)
d) ...listen to music; phone GPS and Bike-2-Bike Bluetooth (all conditions)
e) ...listen to music; phone GPS and Bike-2-Bike 2-WAY RADIO (when not on dirt)
f) ...listen to music; phone GPS and Bike-2-Bike 2-WAY RADIO (all conditions)
g) ...listen to music; phone GPS and comm with pillion
h) ... etc.

These stats would be able to assist the vendors greatly in determining the future of the "biking comms market" ?  Just saying...