Suspension on a 990....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabre484

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NXR 125
I know this has been discussed on so many occasions it is just not funny anymore I guess... But I have to ask for my own sanity..

My 990's suspension is set to comfort, and I find that I spend 95% of my time on the blacktop. The feel of the bike is that it is a bit loose. Looser than I would like it to be.

So last night I scanned the web and read almost every post or article that I could find in a quest to find out what the best setting would be. Should I go progressive? should I just change to another setting? Pages and pages were scanned and read till the early hours of this morning.

So what I found was that most people recommend that if you weigh more than 90 kg you should rather be on sport setting than on comfort for tar riding. I thought that comfort would be the setting for dirt but the way I understood it ,it seems that it is the other way around?

One of the threads on another forum, the advise was that when one gets the bike, you do a 1000km per setting and then put it on the one you like. But which one is really the best to use?

So after all this I pull out the trusty owners manual and start reading on how to make these setting changes.. The clicks part was simple enough, but then they state that you have to do so many turns per setting. Is that a full 360 degree turn of the bolt?

So I guess before I spend the time and money to take the katoom to Hayward suspensions and replace the spring etc, Would a change to another setting make a difference?

Latest posts