SW Motech Soft Panniers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Seeing that SW Motech has been mentioned a couple of times on the forum over the last week I decided to get my but into gear and post comments re my purchase of the soft panniers from Harold .

For the price I paid (+_ R 4 K including Quicklock bracket etc )and what I will be using them for I am more than happy with what I have received .At this stage not however road/offroad tested ,I will have the oppurtunity to do this later this week .

The panniers are supported by the same framework (quicklock) as the alumimium ones ,the back of the pannier has a solid membrane fitted inside and slides over 4 male/female mountings with a further safety clip to ensure the panniers don't decide to hop off at any given stage .

The bracket ,this is connected/diconnected by loosening 3 units with a screwdriver and takes approx 10 seconds per bracket .

The quicklock bracket .

The 3 units which you turn to attach/unattach.

The panniers complete .Note the reflection from the flash on the white section of the pannier .I'm still thinking about sticking some reflective tape on the back ,will it stick ? I don't know .If I've still got some I'll give it a bash .