Tarka over nighter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgy

Bachelor Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
Bunch of us Ght Greyhounds were fortunate enough to get an invite to over night on a farm between Cradock and Tarkastad last thursday evening on a game farm where Murray is doing building work....for a couple of these dogs it was their 1st adventure bike trip and it was great travelling with a different bunch!
Rotten who has recently joined WD and only has an old XR200 was fortunately persuaded to "upgrade" to Spikeys KLR and Spikey in turn rode my XRL650...this in turn gave me a gap to do my 1st run with my recently aqcuired CRF450 :biggrin:
Our route ran through Riebeck East,Theuns se Winkle,Bracefield to Somerset East where we had lunch and then took the awesome Swaershoek Pass road over the mountain to Cradock. From Cradock it was a short 30 odd kilos by tar to the over night spot on the game farm, here we popped past the newly built lodge to quench our thirst and oggle at what another crazy American with far too much cash has been up to for his African safari farm! :eek:
I took a few pics as we went and hopefully the others will contribute as they can

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    410.9 KB
  • sdf.jpg
    sdf.jpg
    340 KB
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    391 KB
A few at the top of Swaershoek

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    251.9 KB
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    305.4 KB
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    346.9 KB
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    348.5 KB
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    239.4 KB
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    276.5 KB
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    282.4 KB
Oh and I found Cecil! :lol8:

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    363.8 KB
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    253.8 KB
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    268.4 KB
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    292.2 KB
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    219.7 KB
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    274.8 KB
Murray being Flying Buffalo on WD also newly joined. Thanks for the accommodation  Murr. Thanks for starting this report Edgy and many thanks for leading the ride and looking after us Newbies. If you have the patience maybe we can do it again sometime. I notice that you forgot to mention the Herculean efforts of our sweeper.

That's Stephanus Malan's farm, chairman of the Boer Goat Breeder's Association (OK until 22 October when he will probably be replaced by a new chairman when his term expires).  That last bit of info is just in case you ever have a lull in the conversation at a smart dinner party  :lol8:

Was it a weekend pass from the old age home?  Blerrie old ballies  :biggrin: :3some:

Aaaah. The good old Eastern Cape. I've been feeling homesick for the old Settler Country I grew up in.

Was it a weekend pass from the old age home?  Blerrie old ballies  icon_biggrin 3some

Was wondering who would notice! :imaposer:

edgy said:
THROTTLE JOCKEY said:
Nice one guys  :thumleft:

Missed you Throttle but you are possibly a bit under age for this group! :lol8:

Yup!

My nuts are still close to my torso and not playing dodgim with my knee caps.

Glad you guys had fun and well done the new Grey Hounds. I hear you held our flag high, especially around the fire. Hope to see you guys on more rides.

:ricky:

Thanks guys it was good.
Rotten never complained too much about the sweeper . In fact it was the sweeper who saved him when he fell into the fish pond . :pot: