Technical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yip. This damper though really is virtually a non-event. I have had the bike up on a lift and and checked turning at it fast and slow, etc. Really I cannot discern any effective resistance. Having owned and serviced at least half a dozen different dampers in the past - Ohlins, Scotts, GPR and Ralle Moto/MSC - I can honestly attest to this one being shite. I must say I was surprised and disappointed. Many owner forums generally agree.
Is it the non-branded one?

That's a pity. Wonder if they can be re-valved, or if that's even worth it?

Is it the non-branded one?

That's a pity. Wonder if they can be re-valved, or if that's even worth it?
Ja seems to be no name brand. The Rally has an Ohlins with some adjustment. Anyway I see an underbar for me in the future. It will also make lifting the tank a little easier 🫣 😎

This is the Diavel steering damper I got off marketplace for R1k. Don't know if its a china rippoff. Looks and feels legit. Its lowest setting is a little stiffer than the DDX damper.

Attachments

• sd.jpg
    sd.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
This is the Diavel steering damper I got off marketplace for R1k. Don't know if its a china rippoff. Looks and feels legit. Its lowest setting is a little stiffer than the DDX damper.

Ja there are guys on other forums who have upgraded the OEM - a few to the Ohlins and some other various brands. It should work - let us know when you have tested it.

Ja there are guys on other forums who have upgraded the OEM - a few to the Ohlins and some other various brands. It should work - let us know when you have tested it.
To be honest haven't felt the need to do it yet. I guess with the type of riding I do with it. Even in sand its so stable as is.

Looks very much like the same that is on my 999. Has saved bacon a few times over the years.....