Thabazimbi one day trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derik

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
So it was me my wife(pillion), brother in law with my sister(pillion). We left Jhb around 4 o clock the saturday morning.

Attachments

• TBZ 001.jpg
    TBZ 001.jpg
    478.1 KB
Had breakfast at Harties. From there Brits, gravelroad to Koedoeskop(some turf towards Northam)

Attachments

• TBZ 002.jpg
    TBZ 002.jpg
    409.4 KB
Bridge over Krokodilrivier

Attachments

• TBZ 005.jpg
    TBZ 005.jpg
    474.8 KB
Every know and then the BMW had to rest :peepwall:. This was Koedoeskop next to a nut farm

Attachments

• TBZ 006.jpg
    TBZ 006.jpg
    340.9 KB
Another bridge over Krokodilrivier, this bridge was upgraded by the mine, before it was a headache for motorist. Fun for the ones on two wheels

Attachments

• TBZ 007.jpg
    TBZ 007.jpg
    426.1 KB
This is the actual bridge

Attachments

• TBZ 007.jpg
    TBZ 007.jpg
    426.1 KB
This is the 2000 flood marker. The whole area flooded, no way in or out. Like a island.

Attachments

• TBZ 008.jpg
    TBZ 008.jpg
    420.4 KB
On our way up, Kransberg

Attachments

• TBZ 010.jpg
    TBZ 010.jpg
    433 KB
This was just after Rankins Pass. The days driving started to show on my body, wys die pad huistoe asseblief!

Attachments

• TBZ 011.jpg
    TBZ 011.jpg
    381 KB
This little guy survived the veld fires, got the scars to show it. From here on it was just one way, back home. Did some travelling that weekend, next day through to the Free State to fetch my Dad. Monday not so easy back at work, 625km of which 200km gravel plus 420km the next day-ouch

Attachments

• TBZ 012.jpg
    TBZ 012.jpg
    461.2 KB
Nice part of the world.  I worked near Koedoeskop in the early 70s and enjoyed the area greatly.
Thanks for the great RR.

Derik said:
Every know and then the BMW had to rest :peepwall:. This was Koedoeskop next to a nut farm
Watse rus praat ons nou van, piepie?

Brandt said:
Derik said:
Watse rus praat ons nou van, piepie?

Nie die bestuurder nie, die fiets.....

Latest posts