The "D" in DS - Great Brak to the Kruger, via Rhodes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice report Ian.Thanks for sharing :thumleft:

What a nice trip! Thanks for beautiful pics! Just one small correction - the giraffe pic is of a bull - the hairless tops are bulls and when the tufts of hair covers the tops of their "horns" its a cow. Another less accurate method is the colouration of the hide - your giraffe is dark of colour and you can fairly accurately assume its a bull giraffe. Thanks for sharing your trip! :thumleft:

Very good report and nice photo's Ian :ricky:

Spore said:
What a nice trip! Thanks for beautiful pics! Just one small correction - the giraffe pic is of a bull - the hairless tops are bulls and when the tufts of hair covers the tops of their "horns" its a cow. Another less accurate method is the colouration of the hide - your giraffe is dark of colour and you can fairly accurately assume its a bull giraffe. Thanks for sharing your trip! :thumleft:

Thanks Spore ... I thought I had the bull by the balls somewhere there... :)

Great RR! Thanks, this is how they should be done. :thumright:

Great RR Ian!  :thumleft: :thumleft:

The Rhodes area looks flippen nice!  I have never even been close to there before...mmm...solo....  :deal:

SuperDave said:
Great RR Ian!   :thumleft: :thumleft:

The Rhodes area looks flippen nice!  I have never even been close to there before...mmm...solo....   :deal:

Don't wait too long SuperDave, pack the bike, take the camera and head out ... it's a spectacular place to see. The hotel has a great history: some old Martini Henry's hanging on the wall of the bar that was found under the floorboards after the Boer War in 1902 ... not to mention Naude's Pass on the other side.

Some great RR's here have covered this area in much better detail than I have....enjoy... 8)