The flower run with Ryperd and other lesbians

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plothond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
At 07:00 we met at the Caltex in Bapsfontein

6 KTM's (950 /990), and 640 KTM, a 650 GS, a 650 Strom, a 1000 Strom, a 1200 GS and a KLE500

I was nominated sweeper, so it gave me time to take some pics

Cosmos101.jpg

For many kilometres we saw farmland preparing for the winter

Cosmos102.jpg

It had rained the previous day or the day before that on most parts of the route so there was very little dust and traction was great. The route was absolutely perfect - well done Ryperd (although his famous Zumo did let us down in one spot  >:D )

The riders getting to know each other

Cosmos103.jpg

It was a perfect day for riding and the farmland around us was looking absolutely great

Cosmos104.jpg

Cosmos105.jpg

Cosmos106.jpg

Zerc getting close to the Cosmos (after all this is why we were here - unfortunately no frollicking in the flowers happen here  ;D )

Cosmos107.jpg

Soon we reached the Dros in Secunda. Voodoo and myself were unhappy chappies. We both hit the same stormwater drainage pipe that crossed the road at well over 130km/hour . The recent rains had exposed the pipe
and I hit it with a bone jarrrrrrrrrring THUMP. Unfortunately even the toughest rim is not that tough and now my excel rim has a nice  :) in it.

Prize giving.
Thanks to KTM and Pro-Action for their initiative in this regard. It is absolutely great seeing the dealers taking an interest and handing out a few odds and ends - some dummies, T shirts etc.......  ;D

Here we have our only GS1200 rider on the trip receiving his dummy for a wheelie earlier

Cosmos109.jpg

Ryperd just couldn't thank me enough for being the broom

Cosmos110.jpg

Other prizes were handed out (some of the others took pics)

Cosmos108.jpg

The Dros in Secunda - a real nice setting

Cosmos112.jpg

Ryperd

Cosmos111.jpg

mmmmmmmm  >:D ;)

A GS rider with a KTM dummy  >:D - What next  ;D

Cosmos113.jpg

The route back to Bapsfontein was just absolutely a BRILLIANT BRILLIANT one. We were clocking speeds upto 160km /hour and Voodoo was beaming from ear to ear. At one rest stop he still commented how in top gear and FULL throttle, that KTM was dancing below him like a cat on a hot tin roof - LEKKER LEKKER

Not for long however - he hit another lurker and this time Michelin let him down. An impact puncture put an end to the fun
Damn it was hot - did he have to do it on the hottest piece of road

Cosmos114.jpg

Cosmos115.jpg

No sooner had we put in a new tube, and it was Ryperds turn
Damn - this is turning into a long afternoon

Cosmos116.jpg

Cosmos117.jpg

Unfortunately that all I have

Thanks to Ryperd for this trip, KTM Pro-Action for the prizes and all those that came with - you were a great group to ride with
The distance from Bapsfontein to Secunda at back was just on 360km

Till we ride again  ;D ;D ;D

Lekker ride.... why so many flats?

Daai ketting lyk bietjie slap...  ::)
Cosmos111.jpg

CAPTAIN SLOW said:

Cosmos111.jpg

Well spotted CS
I noticed it last weekend on the Belfast trip and mentioned it again to Ryperd today
He says he knows about it - just makes tyre repairs easier - no bolts to loosen ;D ;D

CAPTAIN SLOW said:

Cosmos111.jpg

This confirms it. Ryperd is a "loose lesbian". :biggrin:

Lekker ride there! :cool:

Daai ketting is nie net slap nie, hy's moertoe!  Kyk, die tensioner is op sy laaste gestel!

Attachments

• Cosmos111.jpg
    Cosmos111.jpg
    11.1 KB
Uiltjie said:
Daai ketting is nie net slap nie, hy's moertoe!  Kyk, die tensioner is op sy laaste gestel!

Sorry Uil - you're WRONG ;D ;D

That pic was BP (before puncture)
Should see it now - turned out another 8 - 10mm

You right about the chain - it's FUBAR. (Can use on 2 KLR's now ;D)

Thanks Plottie for the post & pics.  Some really awesome pictures!  Thanks to all that made it a great ride.  It was the second ride in 1 week were all were on time!

Jip, the chain is moeg as well as the sprockets (21000km), but after the puncture we adjusted the screws some more, and now it looks much better.  The rear TKC is also moeg.  :mad:

JM, gelukkig het jy nie gese ek is 'n pap lesbian nie  ;D

Plothond said:
Uiltjie said:

Sorry Uil - you're WRONG ;D ;D

That pic was BP (before puncture)
Should see it now - turned out another 8 - 10mm

You right about the chain - it's FUBAR. (Can use on 2 KLR's now ;D)

Shit!  So you mean its actually worse? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wie sal nou ooit kon dink mens kan home sick raak oor Secunda veral as jy in PE bly. Surprise!!

Thanks for a lekka day guys - even though I didn't see you on the road it was nice to know you wre behind me if something happened.

I learned that a 40min early start is a bit too much, even at my slow speed, for the big fast guys to close - especially if you cheat a bit.

When the GPS routed me into a no-entry sign 35Km out of secunda I stoped to pose the attached pic and rerouted the last bit on tar. As no-one earned the cappucino my caffeine levels had fallen to dangerously low levels and headed straight for the Dros.

On the way back I also took an early start and kept checking my mirrors for orange, but was still checking when I got back to Bapsfontein.  Sorry to hear about the punctures.

Found a spot in the shade, read two newspapers cover-to-cover before the sight of orange, and eventually shared the cappucino with a guy waiting for a lift

Was a 400Km day for me but thoroughly enjoyable - thanks.  

(checked the GPS and was over 460km - I must be gettig a bit fitter up here on the highveld)

Attachments

• Secunda20080302small.jpg
    Secunda20080302small.jpg
    38 KB
Cool report Plottie.

Most of the lesbians i have seen are sometimes worth a second look, not this bunch though  ;D ;D

Ama ride ride said:
Mmmm plottie looks like your femine side (albeit lesbian) are getting through ;D

Must admit, starting to worry me as well, but maybe I'm just spending too much time lately with 'ol ride horse. It'll probably pass  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks to Ryperd for planning such a nice route and to Plothond for riding as sweeper. I really enjoyed the ride. I'm constantly amazed by how far one can ride with out seeing tar.

A few photos I took -
Bikes at the start
Some nameless Wilddog standing! On tar! Not on an BMW!
Noble Steed and Plothond
The rest of the group finally joining Plothond, Noble Steed and myself at the Dros

Attachments

• IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    122.4 KB
  • IMG_2009.JPG
    IMG_2009.JPG
    84.9 KB
  • IMG_2016.JPG
    IMG_2016.JPG
    85 KB
  • IMG_2031.JPG
    IMG_2031.JPG
    97.5 KB
As Plothond mentioned, pro Action sponsored some fun prizes.  Here's a breakdown of the prizes and whom won what.  >:D

1 x dummy - guy on 1200 GS for his baby wheelie @ Bapsfontein
1 x dummy - Voodoo for crying about the  :) in his gold (yeah pozzer) front rim
1 x t-shirt - Polthond for riding sweeper
2 x t-shirts - the 2 guys who decided that Plothond, Zerc & Noble Steed have GPS'e and they can find their own route, so we "lost" them when we turned into Kriel
1 x cap - Gundagunda, he might have a KLE500, but he was 1st at the venue.

All great fun!

Attached is the track log, excluding the dead end & fuel detour into Kriel.

Attachments

• Kosmos trip.gdb
    44.9 KB
Plothond said:
Ama ride ride said:
Mmmm plottie looks like your femine side (albeit lesbian) are getting through ;D

Must admit, starting to worry me as well, but maybe I'm just spending too much time lately with 'ol ride horse. It'll probably pass  ;D ;D ;D

So, you tired of me?  :(

Yeh, me too, thanks wilddogs, it's now nice to put a face to a name. Excellent ride, excellent company.

DSC00487.jpg

.............Oh, ....... and  Ryperd jy moenie so vinning ry nie, ek moes sukkel om by te bly........... check net hierdie GPS lessing :1795 2008/03/02 12:50:42 PM 1651 m 321 m  0:00:07  165 km/h  355° true  S26 34 51.0 E28 48 15.8
(tussen Greylingstad en Devon)

......... and lastly, after arriving home, my rear tyre also had a puncture, flat, flat, flat.

Here are a couple of pics.............

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

https://[https://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o294/neilloftus/DSC00492.jpg/img]

[img]https://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o294/neilloftus/DSC00493.jpg