The GROOT AARDBOL and cows......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff Cowboy

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
So me and Mamba decided at the last minute we would go ride the Groot Aardbol (Big Globe) route that Paulsky and Chuck U Farley did a few weeks ago.

I programmed my GPS with Mapsource and we got lost within the first few kilometres. The GPS said I must go the other way while I knew it was not true. Afterwards I found the problem. It was my fault not the GPSs fault. Anyway we rode further with the aid of Mambaâ??s Zumo.

The route.
Track.jpg

After we got lost the Zumo steered us to this. I thought WTF??
Pic.jpg

Being adventure riders we are not afraid of a stupid collapsed bridge we will cross.
Pic1.jpg

Views from the bridge.
Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

We found the reason for the bridge closure. Some of the steel supports we broken and the concrete severely cracked. It will not last very long in this condition.
Pic5.jpg

A cautious Mamba crossing the bridge with that mooi bike.
Pic6.jpg

Jippee I made it.
Pic7.jpg

At the Groot Aardbol.
Pic8.jpg

Mamba though the ball started rolling.
Pic9.jpg

Relieved
Pic10.jpg

Captain Slow thinking: â??My my the world really is smallâ?
Pic11.jpg

View from the Aardbol.
Pic12.jpg

I call this one Horse.
Pic13.jpg

On our way to the Alexandria forest.
Pic14.jpg

The cow and the bull.
Pic15.jpg

Pic16.jpg

Pic17.jpg

The beautiful sunshine coast.
Pic18.jpg

As my role model Ewan McGregor would say: â??This looks just liks Scotlandâ?
Pic19.jpg

This cow like posing for the camera.
Pic20.jpg

A cows view.
Pic21.jpg

Alexandria beach house. I wish I had one of those.
Pic22.jpg

Beautiful.
Pic23.jpg

Canon rocks.
Pic24.jpg

Shipwreck at Canon rocks.
Pic25.jpg

Pic26.jpg

We had lunch in Boknes.
Pic27.jpg

Church in Alexandria.
Pic28.jpg

Cow.
Pic29.jpg

Scotland again.
Pic30.jpg

The only piece of road that was a bit technical. Just the way I like it.
Pic31.jpg

On our way back to PE. Weather for the day was great. Cold in the morning with spots of rain here and there to get ride of the dust. We stopped here to get rid of the warm clothes.
Pic32.jpg

Strom in its natural habitat.
Pic33.jpg

My Karroo donkey. This bike has really taken me places. I love you my Donkey.
Pic34.jpg

Practicing some photo skills. There is something about rails that I like. I think all rails have a story to tell.
Pic35.jpg

I call this one: â??Strom rider on the railroadâ?
Pic36.jpg

Bull
Pic37.jpg

Bull
Pic38.jpg

Some more bulls and cows.
Pic39.jpg

Pic40.jpg

Thanks Mambe it was a great ride. Now we just have to go to Lesotho and Golden Gate and the West Coast and Namibia���..

Cheers Keep it real.

Nice Cappie !!  ;)

Hierdie foto is great......dit sal 'n nice desktop wallpaper maak.

Pic20.jpg

Likewise Cappie,

Nicely put together.  ;D
Ta for the ride, will post my pics tomorrow.  :thumright:

Pity about some arsehole cagers on the way back. Something about the Nanaga to PE stretch that brings out the wanker  :jerk: in cage drivers!!!  :p >:D
I nearly thought you were a gonner at one point, what I saw in my mirrors made me kark me shorts.  All the more reason to get a Strom, helps to get out of harms way on these dangerous hi-ways we have!!!

Cheers

Look at all those potential T-Bones ......  :p

Hey Cappie, looks like you had a lekka ride .... I'm getting worried about you taking so many Pic's of Cows?  ;D

Mamba it looks like you lost your plate ....... was that intentional?

Beagle Boy said:

Hey Cappie, looks like you had a lekka ride .... I'm getting worried about you taking so many Pic's of Cows?  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mooi storie, thanks - great scenery along the coast and it looks like there is enough milk in PE!

Mamba lost the plate luckily i was behind and noticed. We recovered the plate but the screws were broken.

SGB said:
Mooi storie, thanks - great scenery along the coast and it looks like there is enough milk in PE!

Daai is almal "Clover" koeie.... orals bordjies langs die pad.

BMWPE said:
Beagle Boy said:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No i don't specifically fancy cows but i have a lady friend that does. I took the pics for her. Only posted it here so you guys can make comment. Ek is mos die forum se tweede nar. :D

Beagle Boy said:

Hey Beagle,

nah, one of those silly plastic screws let go and the plate started swing on the bike.  ::)  Just took the whole plate off and put it in my pack.
Going to get steel screws and steel washers tomorrow to put back on, like it should have been in the first place.

Keeping it legal ........mon  O0

GreenMamba1974 said:
Likewise Cappie,

Nicely put together.  ;D

Pity about some arsehole cagers on the way back. Something about the Nanaga to PE stretch that brings out the wanker  :jerk: in cage drivers!!!  :p >:D
I nearly thought you were a gonner at one point, what I saw in my mirrors made me kark me shorts.  All the more reason to get a Strom, helps to get out of harms way on these dangerous hi-ways we have!!!

Cheers

The people driving on the N2 on sunday afternoon all drive like drunk people. Some-one passed me on the left in the yellow line while i was doing 130km/h. Then a Kombi tried to push me and Mamba of the road.... no that part of the ride was k*k.... i HATE highways!!!!

GreenMamba1974 said:
Beagle Boy said:

Hey Beagle,

nah, one of those silly plastic screws let go and the plate started swing on the bike.  ::)  Just took the whole plate off and put it in my pack.
Going to get steel screws and steel washers tomorrow to put back on, like it should have been in the first place.

Keeping it legal ........mon  O0

Make that Stainless steel bolts with Stainless nylock nuts ;)

CAPTAIN SLOW said:
GreenMamba1974 said:
Likewise Cappie,

Nicely put together.  ;D

Cheers

The people driving on the N2 on sunday afternoon all drive like drunk people. Some-one passed me on the left in the yellow line while i was doing 130km/h. Then a Kombi tried to push me and Mamba of the road.... no that part of the ride was k*k.... i HATE highways!!!!

The thing is, you were already almost riding the yellow line so cars could go past.  While you were busy being overtaken on the left which in itself was unbelievable, some doos then overtakes you on the right, only going about 2 km/h faster.  From my view it looked hectic, maybe it wasn't so bad after all? 

If I see that Kombi and the twat who was driving it, I'm not going to say a word to the bloke, just one really well directed punch in the solar plexis - the c**t!

CAPTAIN SLOW said:
Chill boet ;D

you're right!  :D

no point in staying upset about it, i only want to get even, that's all  >:D >:D >:D