The GROOT AARDBOL and cows......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok,

here is my first attempt at a ride report.  if this is a bugger up, then at least cappie's report is done, signed and sealed already!

one brave dog, ventures where bmw gs's fear to tread (cos' they're so heavy, the bridge would collapse)  ;D
DSC07296.jpg

captain crosses the divide, women swoon, the crowds applaud and chuck norris takes a bow
DSC07297.jpg

the 'big earthball' groot aardbol is quite well done, aka karel landman monument
DSC07298.jpg

the detailing is not bad, all the islands seem to be in the right places etc... lake vic etc... i wonder who did all the graft?
DSC07307.jpg

peaceful looking scenery, most of these motherinlaws, oops, cows weren't bothered at all by the bikes
DSC07319.jpg

this one was obviously not happy about me taking it's pic, it gave me the proverbial 'brown eye' and the option of a chocolate soft serve
DSC07322.jpg

it must have been about 12:30, up until this point it was fairly cold, a real hint of winter so-to-speak, cappie was looking, how i was feeling  -  freaking hungry!! went to the local restaurant at boknes, very hospitable hostesses, good food, friendly service
DSC07327.jpg

an attempt at an arty shot, taking pics around waist height and below seem to capture the moment nicely most of the time
DSC07330.jpg

another arty attempt - the karoo donkey  good ol' KLR, motor sounds great, might have to drill a few holes in that penta cappie, i'm not hearing it as much as before - or maybe my ears are clapped out from riding behind you all the way to the aardbol  ;D  ;D
DSC07339.jpg

one obligitory 'low to the ground' pic of me strom, motor still tight, she's returning 23km/l which seems ok, will have see if economy gets better or not as she loosens up
DSC07341.jpg

a bad attempt at an art shot, seems these rails haven't been used for ages, check all the vegetation growing over the tracks, just seems so wasteful, considering the price of road transport... you all know the story
DSC07345.jpg

...last one....  but is it art?  :p ::) ;D
DSC07346.jpg

Funny report.  I too particularly like the photo Operator singled out.

CAPTAIN SLOW said:
Het 'n paar fotos van daai koei :D

Versigtig jy weet mos ek is die "devine bovine" op hierdie forum. ;D

Lekker report

Operator said:
Nice Cappie !!  ;)

Hierdie foto is great......dit sal 'n nice desktop wallpaper maak.

Pic20.jpg

Dit is maklik R1mil +  se beeste!