The improbabitly of making a big capacity adventure bike under 200kgs with petro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddy81

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I wonder how possible it is to build a big capacity adventure bike 800kgs+ under 200kgs curb weight (not dry weight)

If one considers the fact that superbikes are at the forefront of technology and weight saving material,  as they are built for performance,  speed and handling.

The lightest that a claimed 1000cc can get to is possibly the Ducati (they usually claim untrue figures). And that's still in the 190+ kg range.  Then we talking of a bike that doesn't even have a frame,  lots and lots of magnesium parts forged lightweight wheels etc. 

My 675 Daytona R with carbon parts lightweight parts still tipped the scale at 185kgs +. The tiger uses the same motor as the 675 and look at its weight,  surely if they could have made the tiger lighter they would have considering that it's the same motor

I think it's actually not possible to make an adventure bike reliable,  strong etc at under 200kgs...

What you guys think?