The Land of the Silver Mist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the no bikes sign on the magoebas forest ride? No houtkappers give you any trouble?

A/T said:
Did you see the no bikes sign on the magoebas forest ride? No houtkappers give you any trouble?

Yes, I saw the silly sign, but I did not ride all the way just to turn around again. I did in fact meet some houtkappers, but they just greeted me. I guess it would have been a different story if I was speeding with a loud scrambler. My view nowadays is that people are becoming more relaxed when it comes to applying rules, but on the flipside it's also our responsibility to demonstrate that we won't make a nuisance of ourselves. 

Vaalseun said:
A/T said:

Yes, I saw the silly sign, but I did not ride all the way just to turn around again. I did in fact meet some houtkappers, but they just greeted me. I guess it would have been a different story if I was speeding with a loud scrambler. My view nowadays is that people are becoming more relaxed when it comes to applying rules, but on the flipside it's also our responsibility to demonstrate that we won't make a nuisance of ourselves.   

And I absolutely agree with that statement!  :thumleft:

Peter Vee said:
Thanks for sharing - looks like a super route to ride - be much obliged if you could post the .gdb or .gpx for us so we can follow your tyre tracks.

Cheers,

Pete

Here's the route for those that asked.

Attachments

• Magoebas.gpx
    457.2 KB
Shot! thanks for the route... my best pal stays in Haenertsburg so will ride when I visit him

Cheers,

Peter

Not many people will be able to write in a manner Masai is doing, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with your writing style.

The pictures are magnificent! Enjoyed traveling with you!  :thumleft: