The Mud monster lives warning !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
So a quiet little ride out on a Sunday morning, went on the Kyalami road, saw an "immaculate" R1100GS in white, wow it looked a beaut.

Then off up the Schooverberg, fast easy conditions just a touch of dust out of the corners etc nothing major and on to Harties, filled up at the Engen and WOW, a BIG gathering of DS bikes, quickly realised lots of AT's so it must be an organised AT day.

Anyway filled up, and ducked, said howzit to 3 or 4 AT riders at start of canals and went my own way, waited a few minutes at Fung's but they were on there own day so ducked again and never saw them again.

I turned right at the railway and picked up the second set of canals, I hope the AT's didnt try this ::) ::)

Anybody who knows the canals would know what this indicates 8)

dirty001.jpg

Which becomes

dirty002.jpg

All the AT's I saw had low guards still fitted, I saw my arse when the front locked on the pig twice 8) Note, that front tyre i,snt an Annakee, its a new Karoo :biggrin:

dirty004.jpg

By the time I got it home, still got lots of real estate attached

dirty007.jpg

If the AT's took this route they will still be recoverring them tonight  :biggrin:

Not a dig at AT,s but if they have low guards 8) I was seriously worried, the GSV started missfiring badly as if hot but it wasnt, my boot had dislodged the TPS plug when I dropped it in the mud, quick push and away to go properly but yes riding alone you worry more 8)
dirty006.jpg

nice one welshman.
doing that route next weekend with the missus.

theotherguy said:
nice one welshman.
doing that route next weekend with the missus.
I would be cautious if we get anymore rain it was a bitch in places

Nice report :) think it may take you a while to get rid of all the mud. The AT club were doing a road book ride. So would have left in small groups, not sure the route but it ended near Brits as far as I know. We had a lekker ride to and from the MP bash. The restaurant at Loskop dam is open again YaY they do a mean burger :)

Cave Girl said:
Nice report :) think it may take you a while to get rid of all the mud. The AT club were doing a road book ride. So would have left in small groups, not sure the route but it ended near Brits as far as I know. We had a lekker ride to and from the MP bash. The restaurant at Loskop dam is open again YaY they do a mean burger :)

The AT guys mentioned something about road book, but it was shouting at a junction with engines running and helmets on, a bit like marital communications :biggrin:

Woo hoo! That looks extremely slippery, love riding that stuff keeps the adrenaline pumping in big doses! :biggrin:

Lekker RR Welsh, maar ek gaan darem hard soek na iemand om te moer as my bike so vol modder is. :dousing: