Timberland 400

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Administrator
Reaction score
So - I don't even know if I'll be able to make this trip... but, I thnk it would be AWESOME to ride out to go and watch this one, maybe even do the trail...?

Timberland 400 will go where it's never gone before

The 2008 Timberland 400, round 3 of the SA Off-Road Motorcycle and Quad championship will be run in kwaZulu-Natal on April 19.

The event, organised by the organized by the South Coast Motor Sport Club (SCMSC), will involve two loops of superb off-road riding in the forests of Baynesfield and Richmond, where no bike or quad has been before.

The race will also be the second round of the KZN Regional championship.

SMSC chairman John Pauling says the route has been structured to keep the bikes and quads separate. The long loop, 105km with a designated service point halfway, will be ideal for quads and they will start on this loop.

He said: "It has lots of wide timber-haulage roads, banked corners, twists and turns through trees and spectacular scenery - if the riders have time to take it in!"

The short loop will be a little less than 60km to avoid having another designated service point; the bikes will start on this section. It will be more technical than the 105km loop, on tighter terrain, but still in the spirit of an off-road event where riders cover distance rather than obstacles.

Pauling again: "Lots of forest, plenty of climbs, a good drop or two, some water crossings - which SCMSC is famous for - and plenty of passing space around the whole course."

Home base for the event will be Baynesfield club where documentation, scrutineering, start, finish and prize-giving will take place.

Where is Baynesfield/Richmond?