To the EC Bash and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally enjoyable.I too enjoy the Kouga wilderness camp spot :thumleft:

Hey Isitutu.
1. Have you been in to Nooitgedacht at Kareedouw? If you did then the unnamed fantastic, awesome, beautiful pass is the one they call Moordenarskloof.
2. At Kouga Wilderness you enjoyed the pleasure of staying with that dik omie nicknamed Nico Rooibaard. In the early years it was moerse rooi and not grey like now. Fantastic people him and Mellany

:) jaa he can talk the hind leg off a donky but they are now what you call "salt of the earth" people. They talk slowly and clearly undersatndable :) The leopard still pass through their farm from time to time.

Moving through Moordenaarskloof and Nooitgedacht you can request permission form a farmer called Quinton and ride right through into Baviaanskloof along the Rust en Vrede trail. It sure is beautiful country.

You thought the Assegaaibosch Hotel wanted to get rid of you but they serve everyone fast. It is the norm for their service :) Thet want to to come back with your buddies.

Nice RR and eventful trip to say the least.  8)

Want to know more about this Dart Vader set-up?  ??? :biggrin:

isiTututu said:
It seems I'd been riding with Daft Vadar and Captain Courageous:
EC_Bash-9.jpg

isiTututu said:
I found that thread...
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=43400.20

That 4x4 trail looks fantastic in Google Earth. I don't think it's solo riding country though, so I need to find a victim to go with me next time.

How funny that I rode through the "most haunted place in South Africa" without knowing it. I wonder if I'd have gone down there alone if I'd know where I was...
:imaposer:
Im interested to be the victim. :thumleft:

isiTututu said:
JourneyMan said:
Nice RR and eventful trip to say the least.  8)

Want to know more about this Dart Vader set-up?  ??? :biggrin:

Thanks JourneyMan.
Daft Vadar is Fourie-kop wearing one of these First Ascent balaclavas.

Thanks.

LanceSA said:
isiTututu said:
As the others in the group were planning to ride back home in two days, and since I am not currently of the working class, and have time to spare, I decided to return on my own at a more leisurely pace. My vague plan was to head northward into the “hill billyparts of the Eastern Cape (GlenInkland), and then back to Slaapstad through the Karoo.

:imaposer:

Great ride report. Thanks  :thumleft:

Keep it real, I`m watching you !  :patch:

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Baie nice trip, bly jy het nie seer gekry met daai voorwiel fout nie. Kon n lelike storie geraak het. Sal graag eendag ook in daai mooi wereld wil rond ry. Dit lyk GR8