TOURING CAPE PROVINCE ( BY BIKE )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
We want to tour the CAPE in December , but with a twist this time , going down by bike . I have a KTM 1190 Adventure , with top box and panniers . So we ok to carry more or less what we need clothing wise for the tour , We will have to make use of B&B or chalets . but that another problem and easy to overcome .
What I need is info on routes . I have my Google earth open and their is so much to see , does one concentrate north of the N1 , or South ? I like the mountains , as it good riding . Would like to drive the Seweweeks poort pass . Its dirt road but looks good from photos . But I have no clue as to where to go . I have a roadfinder but think a GPS is a must have . I am however sorted with 12v on board power as the bike has a power outlet so I can plug in a phone charger / Ipad and use that . Just not sure on the data usage .
That is technicalities , that can easily be sorted out before the trip . Routes and must see places is what I would like to get info on . At this early stage I think we will ride down via Kimberly , And join the N1 at Three sisters , then Beaufort west and on to the mountain passes .
Wilderness / George could be a hub , and we could ride out from their . But as I know Swambo, a , Cape tour with out a visit to the Mother city IS not a Cape tour . So a visit to Gordons bay and the Strand could be on the cards ands then we make our way along the Garden route , is a option . Can visit the Saloon in Gansbaai again  .
I would like to be a bit more inland and ride the Mountain passes but have to take into account its not just a bike ride tour but we need to see the sites as well .
Suggestions please .