Itchy Boots - New Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stainless steel, if it is really corrosion resistant in it's composition, is terrible when it comes to vibration, flexing, etc.

They break much easier.
Thanks, on mountain bikes again we always go for the s/steel spokes (Double or triple butted), but these again clearly do not see the stress loads that steel spokes do.

EDIT: So how does one make sure your spokes stay rust free? Asking for my 21 year old KTM 950.

Wonder how many of them are future riders?

What age is mature ... asking for a friend.

My father in law also watches her, I found out by chance when we came over the one day and I saw Itchy on the TV. He no longer rides, but he used to ride, with his last two bikes interestingly being Hondas.
Mature - late 50's early 60's

I will add a trip meter to the dash at least, this way it will be easy for her to check fuel range. Yes you can do with the GPS as well but it will be fiddly.

1728282654621.png

Last edited:
I will add a trip meter to the dash at least, this way it will be easy for her to check fuel range. Yes you can do with the GPS as well but it will be fiddly.

View attachment 918642
I think she is so used to using gimmicks, she will be okay. A GPS can even be set to provide fuel level warnings. I'd also prefer a speedo with tripmeter.

I think she is so used to using gimmicks, she will be okay. A GPS can even be set to provide fuel level warnings. I'd also prefer a speedo with tripmeter.
Fuel range will also depend on what type of roads she'll be riding..... soft sand will increase fuel consumption remarkably... I think a tripmeter is probably the best/ most reliable.

Fuel range will also depend on what type of roads she'll be riding..... soft sand will increase fuel consumption remarkably... I think a tripmeter is probably the best/ most reliable.
Fuel range will differ according to conditions and whether you calculate that in your head with the help of a GPS, or a trip meter, makes little difference. The reliability sits between your ears, not the Tech involved.

Always a good idea regardless to have some extra fuel stashed away for the unknown, or for the times you expected to fill up at the place but now they don't have ze fuel.

There is bound to be an episode where the battery dies and Itchy comes face to face with her mortal enemy ............ the kick starter ! It's not going to be easy for her to kickstart that bike, low compression and all.

There is bound to be an episode where the battery dies and Itchy comes face to face with her mortal enemy ............ the kick starter ! It's not going to be easy for her to kickstart that bike, low compression and all.
I'm curious, how is the compression compared to the XR600?

I've been following the 2kickaround couple and she seems to starts that XR very easily. I think her bike is a 1989 model.

Last edited:
Not sure about that main audience thing. My perception is that is mainly woman and even non-riders before it gets to us oldies.

on what do you base your perception

I would have thought her audience is 80% white men over 45

The reality is the demographic who can buy bikes, take time off, travel and explore their area are more matuure people who have disposable income.

on what do you base your perception

I would have thought her audience is 80% white men over 45

The reality is the demographic who can buy bikes, take time off, travel and explore their area are more matuure people who have disposable income.
On the comments on her FB page and YT channel.

On the comments on her FB page and YT channel.

Ahh ok.. I dont follow her on any social media, almost everyone I know follows her but never actually will go and comment. Do you think the comments section is a true representation of her following?

Ahh ok.. I dont follow her on any social media, almost everyone I know follows her but never actually will go and comment. Do you think the comments section is a true representation of her following?
Like everything on social media, you can't be sure it is a true representation. It really is just another perception.

I'm curious, how is the compression compared to the XR600?

I've been following the 2kickaround couple and she seems to starts that XR very easily. I think her bike is a 1989 model.
The older 34L has auto decompression, I'm sure this one (1VJ ..think that's what they call it) has, too.
Starts easy easy peasy , even for a lifetime like myself.
Hy moet net eers "click" voor jy skop, annerster no go
Apparently the 1VJ had overheat issues....think so, read it somewhere.