Travel Essentials - Pretoria to Arusha,Tanzania

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DREWMARX

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Hi fellow Dogz,

Some of you may have seen the thread from Shanks regarding our route and trip planned for September from Pretoria to Arusha in Tanzania. We plan to leave on the 24th of September and spend no less than 7 days and no more than 10 days to reach Arusha Tanzania. I currently live and work in Tanzania, and for now this is a oneway trip for me until I return sometime later in the year. Personally would like to travel as light as possible and have more or less an idea of what I think I need for the trip. Also, I am going to be riding a 2012 KTM 690 Enduro that won't have been broken in properly by that time. What I would like to know from you guys if there are any items that you are 100% sure of that we won't be able to go without on the trip, and for those who have done similar trips what are the items you wished you had taken with and what are the items you wished you had left behind? I have also read about many previous 690 owners who have experienced various problems with their bikes and KTM claims to have sorted these niggels out woth the 2012 model, what are the common faults still present with the new 690, and what are the new niggles on the bike that I will need to be prepared for?

Kind Regards

Drew