TRIGGER FINGER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Not fire arm related but a condition that locked you finger in place when you close your hand ! I all of a SUDDEN have this condition , swollen finger , middle finger locks when i bend it and difficult to make a fist .
Some suggested gout , or arthritis but I was not convinced about this , there is no pain in the joints , my finger is just swollen and I cant close them to make a fist , doing this is sore , pressure in my fingers .
Visited the chemist yesterday and when I explained the situation she sain its TRIGGER FINGER , needed cortisone but as it scheduled cant help with out a script , need to go see doc , not keen , managed to get some from my local chemist , he knows me well and helps .
got home and had to read up on this "TRIGGER FINGER " and its prone in olde people and stems from repetitive operation and damage in working with your hands , vibrations , and so on !
Well I have been riding bikes for close on 45 years , every day and using the first 2 fingers on my right hand to squeeze the brake lever , vibration from the bars and repetitive braking action , was my answer to trigger finger !
some blockage in the channel that the tendon runs , I also suffer a bit from hands and finger getting pins and needles as well as a bit of numbness when riding , normally shake my hands and they recover quick numbness gone as well as the P&N s . but a clear indication as a possible cause .
In order to tray combat the bit of vibration on the bars I have ordered myself a set of foam grips , and doing daily finger exercises , also got myself a hand power /grip exercise machine .
hope this will "fix" my hands , but as long as I can hold the bars and operate the controls I will be riding .