Two week birthday trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
So, next year, I’m hitting the big 4-0 (yup, midlife crisis mode engaged), and I figured what better way to celebrate than by embarking on an epic ride across South Africa. Originally, I had this wild idea to take on India ( https://www.bonafidemotoco.com/the-lost-tusk ) for an adventure ride, but—long story short—a family function decided to crash the party (literally, it’s in the same month). So, here I am, pivoting to a local trip that I’m sure will still rock. The family function is in Mosselbay hence some time there. The family event happens to be in Mossel Bay, so I’ve added some extra time there. Also, our family tree was planted in Swellendam, and I’ve managed to befriend a long-lost relative there, so I’ve included a stop to pay them a visit. The stretch from Patensie to Willowmore is through the Baviaanskloof.

I’ve mapped out a 14-day itinerary starting on Valentine’s Day—because, let’s be honest, after 22 years with my wife, a bike trip feels like the more exciting relationship at this point.

Looking forward to any feedback and advice. I’m open to road suggestions and conditions, must-see spots and accommodation ideas. I’d like to maybe think about doing some camping also but I don’t know if my itinerary is a bit too optimistic for everything.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: