Slowish trip to the Garden Route, anyone interested?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greeny

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Going to take a relaxed, back road route down to the George/Mossel Bay area starting on Monday 14th November and wonder if there's anyone who'd like to come with. Normally I'd be partnered by the wife (CRF250L), but she can't make it this time so I'm going on my own with my Versys 300. Thinking of taking a week or so using B+B's and camp-sites where available. Leaving from Walkerville and hoping to reach Cradock (via Ficksburg, Zastron), Hofmeyr), on the first night. That will be the longest stretch (about 800ks), so a fair haul on a small bike. From there I'm planning to go the Pearston, Jansenville, Klipplaat, Willowmore, Uniondale route as there seems to be some great scenery/passes along that way on some gravel roads that I should be able to manage without much hassle. But I'm open to suggestion on other routes. This is a ride for the fun of it and to see how I get along with this bike...the first long trip I'll be doing with it. Once down there will be looking for a campsite where I can base myself for a few days--any suggestions? Then it will be day trips around the area--I'm thinking Vanwysdorp, Heidelberg etc. Although it's mainly for the ride will also be scouting to see if there would be any areas we could possibly relocate to in the next couple of years. Unfortunately looks like a lot of spots are out of our price range already. Rick, 0741619611.