Two weekends, two short rides, a few photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
I have been very scarce on the forum after starting at my new job at W.O.A Somerset West. But I did get to go on two short rides in the past two weeks and I have the chance to share the pics now.

Last weekend Firecoast and myself went on a short ride. Left SSW and stopped at the Shell on the N2 to top up the fuel tanks soem sweeties and drinks for the stomach.

sml_IMG_8690.jpg

Then it was on the N2 till just before the start of the Houw hoek pass. We turned right onto the little tweespoor track which is the old Houw hoek pass.

sml_IMG_8694.jpg

sml_IMG_8696.jpg

The pass ends in Botrivier and with lots of time left we decided to follow the Van der Stell pass to Villiersdorp.

sml_IMG_8698.jpg

From Villiersdorp it was off to Franschoek.

On the way to Stellenbosch we turned off towards the Berg rivier Dam and did a quick little hill climb on one of the Fire breaks on the mountain.

sml_IMG_8700.jpg

sml_IMG_8707.jpg

I was not in the mood for technical riding and so we turned around and headed off to Stellenbosch where we had a nice bite to eat at the Dross before heading our seperate ways.

Yesterday morning I woke up to a nice day and found these guys on my lawn.

sml_IMG_8712.jpg

sml_IMG_8720.jpg

I packed my bike and headed off towards Stellenbosch and then to Klipheuwel where the first stop for the day was at the Wind turbines.

sml_IMG_8732.jpg

From there I followed the road to Philadelphia where I stopped at the Church for a piccie.

sml_IMG_8735.jpg

Then it was off to Melkbosstrand. There I saw some off the best Chopper flying I have seen in a long time. The guys were having an excersize and I spent some nice minutes watching the pilot hover that Red chopper in the same spot for minutes on end.

sml_IMG_8743.jpg

sml_IMG_8749.jpg

sml_IMG_8760.jpg

Then I stopped off at the Farmyard for a nice breakfast and some coffee.

sml_IMG_8764.jpg

sml_IMG_8763.jpg

Firecoast and her dog , Pepper, joined me for some coffee before I took the road towards Darling.

On the way I came across this fella sunning him on the tarmac.

sml_IMG_8769.jpg

sml_IMG_8773.jpg

From there I popped in at a friend in Paarl for some coffee and a chat before heading home.

JA jou bangbroek!!!!!  :p Ek wou nog verder ry op daai paadjie!!!!

Daar ry ek lekker deur die sand en klippe... op en af, net om neer te moer 5m voor die teer HAHAHAHA

Pragtige fotos!

Baie mooi fotos - maar nou kry die clutch-hand koud en die ou Kaapse slangetjie se kop warm  ???

Glad that you've been able to experience some of the really Gr8 "Gravel Travel" the WC has to offer.

Thanks for sharing this RR :thumleft:

Very nice pics, thanks for the post Hando!

Lekker om weer so ietsie van jou te hoor.

Daai slang lyk vir my maar heel be donnerd  >:D Jy pla die kerel soos hy daar in die son bak  :bueller:

P.S. Lyk my Firecoast gaan jou wys waar David die wortels grawe  :peepwall:  :pot:

Nice Hando, good to hear from you and see more of your photography  :thumleft: Glad to see you are finding time to ride again  :ricky:
Bloody hell FC, I suppose rather fall on the gravel than the Tar :-[

PS: Hando steer away from sharp objects, your bike bit you, now you tempting a snake  ;D

Tiger8 said:
Nice Hando, good to hear from you and see more of your photography  :thumleft: Glad to see you are finding time to ride again  :ricky:
PS: Hando steer away from sharp objects, your bike bit you, now you tempting a snake  ;D

Was just a minor side-stand incident  :imaposer:

Firecoast said:
Tiger8 said:

Although - to be honest - the side stand was not involved as far as I can remember ???

Yes ou vriend!!

Bly om weer van jou foto's op WD sie, bly om te sien jy kry darem kans om te ry!

Lyk great!

Lyk my jy en Firecoast ry nogal lekker saam  ::)  :love3:

Hando said:
Firecoast said:
Tiger8 said:

Although - to be honest - the side stand was not involved as far as I can remember ???

Ja nee, dit was net 'n behoorlike om moer!  :imaposer:

Very nice ride report and VERY good photos, thanks for sharing.  :thumleft:

Here's a photo I took of one of the wind turbines you saw along your route:

2473268288_370b9b933e.jpg

Cheers,
NeilV.

Nice one hando. Good to see you are settling in  :thumleft: Enjoy the riding down there with the wonderful WD riding crowd. (Beware, they are addictive  ;D)

Latest posts