Tyre repair 101 and The Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plothond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
I was actually not going to post anything about this ride. It was supposed to be a quick morning out with some friends - nothing special.

But then, when has a DS WD ride ever been anything but Special  ;D ??? ;D

Ryperd & Jockey, Funacide, Poppipants and myself all met at the Wimpy at Harties. The plan was a brekkie, canal ride and a ride up "The Rock" at Jericho - nothing special

The ride to Harties was nothing to write home about except that that Funacide had still not replaced his number plate lost in Namibia, we froze our Gonads off, we rode through thick mist and could not see the road and the view when we could see was lekker.

Can you believe it, my first time on the canal roads - lekker ride !!!

DSride22Jun08001a.jpg

The most amazing "rustige riding" and we got to the village below "The Rock". We were just parched and so a Zamalek break was initiated. It was here that, during the first Zama that we heard a ssssssssssss.....  sound. Hehehehe
Funacide got a leak.... Funacide got a leak.... Funacide got a ....  Ok dammit he say's - you made your point.

Now we were NOT here to fix punctures !!!. So.... if Funacide got a leak, then Funacide fixa a leak - on his own

We offered moral support

DSride22Jun08004a.jpg

Funacide took off his wheel

DSride22Jun08006a.jpg

We offered moral support

DSride22Jun08007a.jpg

Funacide patched his tube

DSride22Jun08009a.jpg

Funacide got OTHER "expert" help

DSride22Jun08011a.jpg

Come now Funacide - stop being anti-social

DSride22Jun08012a.jpg

Bugger off Ryperd - Go play with Jockey

DSride22Jun08013a.jpg

Look, Funacide is STRONG !!!!  ;D
Making his baby happy again

DSride22Jun08014a.jpg

We offered moral support

DSride22Jun08016a.jpg

We Eeeeeeeeeventually made it up the rock (on Zamalek power)

DSride22Jun08017a.jpg

The view is great

DSride22Jun08019a.jpg

Looking up

DSride22Jun08021a.jpg

Looking down

DSride22Jun08022a.jpg

The evil lot  ;D ;D ;D (I should have been at home behaving myself  :pot: )

DSride22Jun08024a.jpg

Ok, we had enough - time to go home

DSride22Jun08025a.jpg

eeeermmm  ??? :xxbah:  ;D
Can anyone help me...... pleeeeeeeze  ;D
Damn !!!! I should have help Fun earlier  >:D

DSride22Jun08027a.jpg

Plottie, why don't you use that lekker chain holder magafter that KTM supply? ;D

Was nice to offer "morale" support.  ;D  Jockey wants to know when we're riding again.  :mwink:

Proof that we (Jockey & I) rode up the Rock is below!

PS: We're glad we left when we left... :peepwall: We used up all our support with Fun... kannie meer nie korporaal...

Attachments

• 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    129.8 KB
  • 225.jpg
    225.jpg
    157.9 KB
  • 226.jpg
    226.jpg
    110.3 KB
Guys n Gal

Thanks for the ride, was awesome as always...

Well done to Plottie for first time up the rock on a bike
and
Ryperd and Jockey it took a while but now I think you are one of the first to go up the rock 2up...

O0 O0 O0 O0

So before Plottie comes on and tries to tell you that we (Poppi and myself) are evil, let me set the record straight. We were ready to pay the bill and leave after the second beer then Plottie says, what about a whiskey??? so 2 whiskeys later we leave and see his puncture and he says again, "might as well have some whiskey while I am doing this"...

He aint innocent after Namibia.......

:pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:

Well done Ryperd and jockey .. thats quite and achievement up that rock !!!

hi guys ,great bunch u are ,like yr ride reports.whose ktm has the tube carriers on and what are they made up from ,looks like great plan for carrying extra nessary stuff
regards, mr r

Blerry hooligans!  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Sorry I could not make this one.

Lekker Perdjie en Mev Perdjie. Well done! :cool:

Looks like fun guys. Eishh....those quartz Carlings bring back good memories, from all round the country.

Carling is king, my broe.
You can fix anything, negotiate in any language and ride like a deamon, once you have a few of those in your system. ;)

Cool

There are always a debate tubes vs tubeless.
I think these pictures settle it.

Damm my hair is a mess in that last picture  ::) ::) ::)

Attachments

• 250.jpg
    250.jpg
    45.3 KB
  • 273.jpg
    273.jpg
    46.9 KB
  • 274.jpg
    274.jpg
    43.6 KB
  • 275.jpg
    275.jpg
    43 KB
  • 277.jpg
    277.jpg
    44.4 KB
Of course your hair looks all cr@p. You mos want to get up at the Crack of Dawn and take the shortcut up the Rock without combing your Bush ;D

blazes said:
Of course your hair looks all cr@p. You mos want to get up at the Crack of Dawn and take the shortcut up the Rock without combing your Bush ;D

;D ;D ;D

Latest posts